Budget internal partitions

Booboos

Visit site
We are moving to a new place that has an open-fronted barn which we want to convert to stables using internal partitions. Can anyone recommend a budget internal partition company? We need a very reasonable price because this is a temporary solution for the next year or so while the permanent stables are being designed and built.

Also, has anyone installed these DIY? Was it easy? Are the partitions in any way adjustable in their fixings or do you have to get the measurements 1000% right?!

Happy Hunter

Visit site
Have you thought about straw based walls - With steel rods in to secure.
Covered in lime plaster for the nibblers.

They are always doing it on That Channel 4 Housey programme- Grand designs
Just an idea!

JANANI

Visit site
Hi there

Have you thought of using wood and sterling board. We made temporary stables about 15 years ago out of sterling board and they lasted about six years before we tore them down after we built the permanent stables. The cost of the build of three stables was approx £1,500.

For the partitions we used a wooden brace between roof and floor and then attached the sterling board to it at different sides. If I was going to internal stables this is what I would be using although the brace used may be slightly different.

Booboos

Visit site
Thanks both, will have a think.

Main problem is that OH is a DIY disaster AND the stables are in France while we are still in the UK, so I was hoping for an easy solution - something I can send over and can just be bolted in place with the minimum of hassle. OH seems to think that we can just arrive in France with 4 horses and cope without fencing or stables!!!

s4sugar

Visit site
Field gates and sterling board.
The gates go out to be used as gates when thier stable job is done.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Thanks both, will have a think.

Main problem is that OH is a DIY disaster AND the stables are in France while we are still in the UK, so I was hoping for an easy solution - something I can send over and can just be bolted in place with the minimum of hassle. OH seems to think that we can just arrive in France with 4 horses and cope without fencing or stables!!!
Cheval Liberte are cheap..ish and they are also in France:)

Booboos

Visit site
Field gates and sterling board.
The gates go out to be used as gates when thier stable job is done.

I see what you mean, but I worry that my lot would compete to see who could get a foot stuck in the gate and tear the whole thing down while crippling themselves, first!!! :eek: More than one could 'win' first prize! :eek:

Booboos

Visit site
Cheval Liberte are cheap..ish and they are also in France:)

I've been trying to get a quote out of the English branch for 3 days now with no success! Some people on a French forum have suggested that English Cheval Liberte prices are cheaper than French and it's worth transporting them over...

lizziebell

Visit site
We have an open fronted barn, and used wood and OSB board for the partitions, and then bought the fronts made-to-meaure from West of England Stabling who were very reasonable.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I see what you mean, but I worry that my lot would compete to see who could get a foot stuck in the gate and tear the whole thing down while crippling themselves, first!!! :eek: More than one could 'win' first prize! :eek:

They can't because the gate is completely covered by the board silly! It's what I would have suggested too, have used them with a lot of success. Very easy to fit, even the French or your OH couldn't get it wrong.:)

flyingfeet

Visit site
Our stables are breeze blocks, with concrete poured in and stockboard covered gates with a stable door at the side. This means I can open them up fully and do a massive muck up with the tractor if required

Was thinking in France might be cheaper to find a local bricky and then you can choose to buy the posts and gates from the UK if cheaper.