Building a mobile stable from scratch

Flash_28

Visit site
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I am looking to build a 10x10 mobile stable for my little pony so that 2 of them don’t end up stuck out all over winter. I have asked one lady who offered to get me some plans of some stables that were built for her but she hasn’t come back to me yet and the yard owner is getting a bit huffy and wants to put my pony in the hay barn! Which has a leaky floor in awful weather and then I will have nowhere for my hay. Any tips or places to point me in the right direction would be most helpful. Not actually seeing a mobile stable in the flesh I’m not too sure how I would go about doing the skids at the base. Please help!

BigRed

Visit site
We built one stable onto our existing block. It was hassle, it was NOT much cheaper and it is not as good. You will find it hard to build something as strong - which is cheaper. I suggest you shop around, offer to pay cash and offer to collect it and put it together yourself, you will find many companies are willing to be very flexible on the price.

Flash_28

Visit site
We built one stable onto our existing block. It was hassle, it was NOT much cheaper and it is not as good. You will find it hard to build something as strong - which is cheaper. I suggest you shop around, offer to pay cash and offer to collect it and put it together yourself, you will find many companies are willing to be very flexible on the price.

Thank you for that BigRed. I did think of popping in and offering cash for something as when I rang up for quotes they were over £1000 and not even top of the range! :( I will bear it in mind.

teresagarsden

Visit site
Hi there, where are you based as i have a contact that built my stables who is now in cornwall. I got 2 12x12 buildings for £1400 inc. erection and delivery !!
Mine are on wooden skids with a flagstone floor ( floor was also free from preloved ) I is a stable and is a store with double full size doors.
Mine do exactly what i needed them to do and are used 24/7.
Please feel free to pm me if you want the details i have.
Cheers Teresa