Building an Arena *** how much*** and where to buy from!!!

Gucci_b

Visit site
My yard is building an arena 50x20 (poss30) we would like silica sand and rubber crumb (chip) so am shopping around for lime stone (the base), silica sand and the rubber. I know how many tonnes I'm shopping around for but it's the price !!. If you have brought your arena materials where did you buy them from and how much did you buy them for, you can p.m me if you prefer :) :)

Mainland

Visit site
One of the best Silica Sands around comes from Redhill so you are lucky there. You have to be very careful to ensure you source the correct materials. There are so many different grades of Silica Sand around it is imperative you choose the correct one. I have seen arenas constructed using building sand with disastrous consequences all because the owner was on a budget. With this sort of thing you definitely get what you pay for.

Mainland

Visit site
You will need 170 tonnes of Silica Sand to give 100mm depth and 25 tonnes of Rubber Chip to give 50mm depth. This gives you a total surface depth of 150mm (6 inches) which is ideal. Price to your location will depend on the size of vehicle you are able to accomodate. If you cant accomodate articulated lorries on site it is often worth asking local farmers if you can drop the sand in their yard and have them move it into the arena with smaller vehicles. This method often works out much cheaper than having direct deliveries with smaller lorries. Hope this helps!

Gucci_b

Visit site
Just spoke to Redhill and they don't deal with the public only select companies can go in and collect the sand...
So what kind of price are we looking at for the sand and rubber, have been shopping around most of the day

Last edited: