Building muscle on one side

shellibob

Visit site
Hi I have a medically challenged horse who has dropped muscle on the left side he is having regular physio with the vet involved also but I am doing very slow work to build him up he can not work in gadget or anything that goes around his bum as needs the more lift and through type work if that makes sense, so been doing raised poles but wondering if I need to build up the left to equal the right then looking for ideas , lunging not advisable yet and he is still in walk !!

be positive

Visit site
If he is now on the mend then I would concentrate on getting him really marching out when hacking, encourage him to walk up hills using himself properly and you should fine that both sides become equal, rather than trying to push the weak side to do more, mine was uneven following damage to his SI after injections we followed a plan to get him stronger generally, it took a couple of months but they gradually became even by doing work that made him use both sides correctly, improve his muscle tone and topline without putting any real emphasis on the weak side, I did strap him daily with a bit more effort on the weaker bum muscles.

shellibob

Visit site
we did 6 months of long reining and he is happy marching but we actually need to slow him down as he is just rushing on the forehand and not using himself correctly, interesting re the muscles eventually becoming even as that was my worry ...Thank you