Building stables

Wiejimmy

Visit site
Hi all,

I am in the process of aquiring planning permission for the conversion of existing field shelter to hay barn and a further stable block for 2- 3 horses. This is on 2.5 acres of agricultural land in yardley gobion south northants (2 seconds outside of milton keynes).

I will be hoping to sell after i have finished building. The plot has mains water. No electric as yet but i am working on it.

Value of equestrian land seems to vary massively, just wondering if anyone could give me a rough estimate of value for 2.5 acres with stables and hay barn that has full planning please. Just want to know if it is worth the investment.

Any info or advice is welcome and thank you in advance!

Cheers
James

sunshine100*

Visit site
Hi all,

I am in the process of aquiring planning permission for the conversion of existing field shelter to hay barn and a further stable block for 2- 3 horses. This is on 2.5 acres of agricultural land in yardley gobion south northants (2 seconds outside of milton keynes).

I will be hoping to sell after i have finished building. The plot has mains water. No electric as yet but i am working on it.

Value of equestrian land seems to vary massively, just wondering if anyone could give me a rough estimate of value for 2.5 acres with stables and hay barn that has full planning please. Just want to know if it is worth the investment.

Any info or advice is welcome and thank you in advance!

Cheers
James

I know it was 10k an acre further up at stoke bruerne not long ago-best bet is a land agent should be one in towcester-also all depends whether on clay on sand,road access,good security etc

Wiejimmy

Visit site
Thanks very much sunshine 100!

Thays what confuses me how it can vary so much.. Basic agricultural land is about 10k an acre.. Makes me think is it worth while building stables?

I dont want to invest in planning and building and loose money if that makes sense.

Thanks!
James

FBDD

Visit site
Thanks very much sunshine 100!

Thays what confuses me how it can vary so much.. Basic agricultural land is about 10k an acre.. Makes me think is it worth while building stables?

I dont want to invest in planning and building and loose money if that makes sense.

Thanks!
James

I'd imagine it would sell better if you had the planning permission. Depending on your local council and if you're happy to submit the application in yourself, but should cost about £400.00. You will need to provide drawings etc...

Wiejimmy

Visit site
Thanks FBDD,

Yeah i will be getting planning before i build, will need to do equestrian first i think and then apply for the buildings. Once i get that i will start construction. 400 squid isnt too bad to be fair. Thank you!

Cheers
James