Bulk Bedding Buy

gingerarab

Visit site
Thinking ahead towards winter :( I would like to order a palett load of either shavings or wood pellets, I have been using verdo wood pellets and have really liked them. Who else would you suggest ??

nix123

Visit site
I use Liverpool Wood pellets, daft as it sounds it's cheaper to buy including delivery from them to Warwickshire than it is to buy from another wood pellet place which is based 20 miles away???

muddygreymare

Visit site
I used Liverpool wood pellets last winter and they were really good. We can get them cheaper from somewhere 10 miles away though so we're going to try those this winter and see.

Henbug

Visit site
Have you thought of trying straw pellets? I get mine bulk order from Stable Gold, much prefer them to the wood pellets. They break down more easily than the wood pellets so don't NEED watering (can if you prefer though) as they'll break down themselves, they compost more easily on the muck heap and I found the wood pellets very quickly, even being turned over daily, compacted to be quite a firm bed which the straw pellets don't. Just throwing in another option for you to consider :-D

Frosty89

Visit site
I'm another one for Liverpool wood pellets. I have the 15kg bags and I use around 1-2 a week depending on how messy my mare decides to be from one day to the next.

Triskar

Visit site
I use Miscanthus pellets - they make a lighter coloured bed than straw pellets, but like ordinary straw they don't need soaking, they make a softer bed, and I've found them to be a lot more absorbent than the wood pellets I used to use (Corley), so a pallet of bedding lasts a lot longer. A 15kg bag a week is all I need to add for even my very wet mare, who could wee for England! My Arab gelding, who prefers to wait for turnout to go - although sometimes he just has to go, then it's like a tanker has visited...., hasn't had any additional bedding for 6 weeks - and as the pellets break down with him moving about in the stable, the bed has actually got deeper!

L&M

Visit site
Triskar - who do you get your Miscanthus pellets from?

I am thinking about moving onto pellets as have lost my straw supplier, but am wary of the ones that need soaking!

Thanks

Triskar

Visit site
I get mine from Agripellets (they have 2 sites, one for fuel pellets, and one for horse bedding - of course, same pellets, different VAT!) I ordered on a Friday, and asked for delivery on a Wednesday, and it came the very next Wednesday.

Bugly

Visit site
Wow I'm so p,eased I read this post. I was just about to order wood pellets but see that Agripelletts are just down the road from me! I'm a little confused however, are the Agripellets for fuel cheaper than the marketed equestrian ones? Are they treated with Protek?