Bulldog Saddle Lock

Sparklet

Visit site
Hi all...looking for advice/info. My saddle was stolen a week ago.....pesky theives cut the padlock on the steel container which is used as a tack room and made off with several saddless (bizarrely they left a wintec saddle so must have been very discerning theives lol)

Anyhow my new saddle has been ordered and the insurance company has been contacted so all is moving forward...new saddle will take four weeks for delivery tho. My saddler has kindly offered to lend me one in the meantime but I have worries.

I understand the the theives often allow a bit of time for replacements to be obtained and then make a return visit taking all the lovely new tack and I have done a bit of research to see if there is any extra security measures.

I found several saddle locks and the strongest, and most expensive, is the Bulldog Saddle Lock.....does anyone have any experience of using one....or any recommendations about other locks.

I realised a determine theif will get into anything but I want to slow them up.....make the effort look a bit too much for a smach and grab theif.....I have to do something and wont rest with my lovely new saddle sitting in the same spot as my old one.

Any advice gratefully received

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
TBH, I would keep your saddle at home and take it with you each time you go. People stealing saddles are a pain, not just for the cost of replacement (on increased insurance premiums) but finding a saddle to fit can take ages. We had ours taken twice, and lesson learnt, we haven't kept them there for 12 years.
smile.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
Its not something I havent considered but its not practical....I got to ride my horse straight from work and carrying my saddle around in my car all day would be more risky as I am often mobile and need to park up in some fairly dire areas.

I would never get insurance for keeping it in my car too....it wont fit in the boot because it is a little car too.