Bunny boings round Barton again for another Red frilly!

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
This was Bunny's 4th outing and 2nd Novice class, it was also a trailblazers qualifier so it was rather busy. Collecting ring was a nightmare, far too many horses/ponies in there, nobody seemed to be stewarding it, several nappy ponies were causing havoc, so I warmed up on the flat and popped about 6 jumps in total before her brain blew, she was feeling rather stressed by it all, so off we went to stand in a corner at the bottom of the tunnel to wait for our turn, we were due....haha....to go in 5th. However the ring steward saw fit to let another pony in before us, without us being asked so I was rather annoyed as I'd warmed up for that place but hey ho, had a quick trot round the now crazy collecting ring and in we went.

After a mini paddy at having to walk towards the gallery before we started, cue a rear and a buck, then another rear, then a half-hearted 'ok i give in' she walked on and off we went, could have cursed the commentator after he said 'last weeks winners' as surely that meant we'd have a fence or some such! Fence 1-3 went really well, bit fast but she is a whizzy forward thing, since the half halts weren't having much effect, I took a stronger pull before fence four and she miraculously listed and checked beautifully, fences 5-7 went well too, then came round a corner to 8, didn't have much of a shot and ended up kicking her off the floor, rather annoyed with myself at that, Bunny echoed my sentiments and had a bit of a strop and headshaking tantrum and we only just managed to ride the dogleg and get over fence 9. I had visions of us jumping the wing as had happened earlier in the week, or me wiping my leg out. :eek: However luckily neither happened and we got ready for the jump off, which was quite tight and twisty. Uh Oh

Well, knock me over with a feather she went beautifully, turned well and kept rolling, sadly we had the first part of the double down, just got a bit deep but a decent enough time. The jump off course must have been tough, as in the ponies section on 2 were dc from some 10 in the jump off and in the horses there were 5 of us, with no double clears. So Bunny won again. Huge pats and lots of praise, she's getting better each week. :D

Cheese on toast and choc brownies if you got this far! :D

Last edited:

Navalgem

Well done!

Was this the Weds night series they run? I used to go a lot but its so difficult to warm up :(

Thanks :D Yes it's the wednesday night series, it's good because it's run every week but the organisation is sometimes slow and the collecting ring, well. least said I think. :( The novice finished about 10pm last night, was almost half 12 when I finally got home.

Navalgem

Here's a pic from the line up, none of us jumping but should have a video soon :)

bunny4.jpg