Burghley 2018

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
I’ve got a hen weekend this weekend so will be missing it for the first time in 10 years! So I’ll be following results online when I get a moment and will be recording on TV to watch when I get back.

I also hope Oli wins!

only_me

Visit site
I watched the xc preview on the site and now desperately want to go! The xc looks amazing, definitely a 4* track and I think looks more difficult than badminton imo.

Also hoping that Oli wins!

Denbob

Visit site
I'm gutted I'm working or i'd be there 100%, everything crossed for everyone to get round safely and will be watching with a nice glass of wine on Saturday night!

ihatework

Visit site
The horse I was going for has withdrawn so now just heading up for Friday and Saturday to catch up with friends and watch the BYEH as one I found earlier this year has qualified.

I’ll be interested to walk the course and see how the new flyover thing has been done!

AGray825

Visit site
We're going on the Sunday (we enjoy watching the Racehorse to Riding Horse show as well as the showjumping!) to watch and do some shopping to make sure we're winter-ready!
Will be watching how things are going closely, the course looks amazing!

Custard Cream

Visit site
The course looks massive and meaty with some good opportunities for run outs. Hopefully a good all round test of strength, fitness, accuracy and courage!

Will be heading down tomorrow to watch our sponsored riders dressage, but of shopping and a stop at the Pol Roger tent, toddler loves the beanbags!

Depending on results might head down on Sunday.....

Summer pudding

Visit site
It looks like everyone has forgotten Oli's arrogant behaviour at Badminton then (I haven't). Can't find the dressage running order, can anyone help please? We are going tomorrow for a change. Last year Jonty was there...thinking of you and wearing green.

Potea

Visit site
I'd really love Tina Cook to do well!

I'll be watching on the TV on Saturday & Sunday :) Will any of the dressage be live streamed Thursday & Friday?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I'm going down tomorrow for my annual solo day (no dogs, no husband just me doing what I feel like). Then coming home and returning on Saturday for Xc. Unfortunately my husband can't come this year as he's been really ill, so it may just be me and a dog or two.

I do like the look of the course, it should be a challenge. The flyover is interesting. I'm not particularly rooting for anyone. I'd like to see Tina win. I wouldn't be surprised if Oli did. He's on a mission.

only_me

Visit site
It looks like everyone has forgotten Oli's arrogant behaviour at Badminton then (I haven't). Can't find the dressage running order, can anyone help please? We are going tomorrow for a change. Last year Jonty was there...thinking of you and wearing green.

Don’t hang a guy for one (very) bad day. Let’s see how this weekend goes at another high profile event and give him another chance. I’m backing him all the way. Deserves a chance and was left out of the WEG team even though he deserved to be.

Also, Jonty is back up and has moved to rehab, is walking and doing well by latest updates, he is also fit to travel to uk but not sure if has done so.

Fiona

Visit site
Don’t hang a guy for one (very) bad day. Let’s see how this weekend goes at another high profile event and give him another chance. I’m backing him all the way. Deserves a chance and was left out of the WEG team even though he deserved to be.

Also, Jonty is back up and has moved to rehab, is walking and doing well by latest updates, he is also fit to travel to uk but not sure if has done so.

Totally agree OM....

And Jonty is back in the UK 😊

Fiona

lannerch

Visit site
Totally agree OM....

And Jonty is back in the UK 😊

Fiona
Let me second that totally agree also

I have to also say I cannot believe those going but not going on cross country day. That’s the whole point of the competition, it’s the best day ever and if your frightened of missing anything record it on red button Chanel while you are actually there with the atmosphere 😆 your not regret it and may the best rider win 👍

rosiesowner

Visit site
i think the course looks fantastic. you wouldn't catch me jumping even a 90cm version of the rolex combination :p
this is the first year for several that mum and i won't be going on xc day, but i plan to enjoy it on the sofa. very excited to see harry meade and away cruising go. he's one of my absolute favourite riders and the horse is just so classy.

Fanatical

Visit site

I agree re giving Oli another chance. It's all in the past now. I do wonder if he has left Cooley Master Class at home as his first choice for the team, should a reserve be called up before WEG. ;-)

TGM

Visit site
I have to also say I cannot believe those going but not going on cross country day. That’s the whole point of the competition, it’s the best day ever and if your frightened of missing anything record it on red button Chanel while you are actually there with the atmosphere �� your not regret it and may the best rider win ��

We are there for both the Saturday and Sunday, but if we had to choose just one day we would have gone on the Sunday. When we went to Badminton last year we went on XC day and we spent a lot of time sat watching XC jumps with nothing happening when people had been eliminated, or fallen, or frangible pins had broken. So we realised we would have been better to watch the XC at home when you can see so much more, and go on the Sunday when you can find out who actually wins, and still get to enjoy the atmosphere and the shopping.