Burghley Horse Trials on BBC2

caitlin95uk

Visit site
I have watched a few xc things on tv and have decided to watch this. And I was just thinking to myself when I ride xc on my pony, (obviously not the size of these massive jumps! :eek: :eek: ) I tend to over-ride to make sure she does clear the jump as I'm scared of her catching her legs and falling as they're solid fences but I have to say, precision isnt really a key point to the riders and horses is it? Most jumps I watch they clip their legs on the jump which I've always been scared to do, yet their main aim seems to be to just get over it and move on! Weird isnt it!

dafthoss

Visit site
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( My TV has just lost signal :(:(:(:(:( right in the middle of the mary king interview. Now watching without being able to rewind, thanks sky.

Twizzel

Visit site
Whats surprised me so far is the photographers getting in the way... one with Andrew Nicholson at the new water, and one with the rider who had the helmet cam on, both would have been so distracted the photographers were literally feet away trying to get out of the way...

Molly'sMama

Visit site
The fall with Icarus looked horrendous as well :( but have read reports saying that both Neo and Icarus are sore but fine. xx
Waiting for the SJ now !!

Little Squirrel

Visit site
Pippa Funnell should be disgraced with herself. The horse was legless. If it had been a younger rider they would have been pulled up on course I'm sure of it.

highlandponygirl

Visit site
Little Squirrel- I agree with you there, it was apparent half way through the course that the horse was struggling and it would have probably been kinder to save him for another day instead of persisting a lost cause.

Mondy

Visit site
Pippa Funnell should be disgraced with herself. The horse was legless. If it had been a younger rider they would have been pulled up on course I'm sure of it.

I agree with Little Squirrel. Once again, Pippa Funnell puts in a disgraceful, borderline abusive ride.

If British eventing had rules akin to those of the Danish riding federation, she would have been disqualified for such ugly 'riding' and use of the whip.

Mitchyden

Visit site

I agree - she should be ashamed of herself! Anyone could see that the horse was exhaused!

On a different note, does anyone think William Fox-Pitt looks daft on a horse as he's so tall? I know it's not his fault but he must feel like I would riding a 12.2hh pony!

Twiglet

Visit site
I agree - she should be ashamed of herself! Anyone could see that the horse was exhaused!

On a different note, does anyone think William Fox-Pitt looks daft on a horse as he's so tall? I know it's not his fault but he must feel like I would riding a 12.2hh pony!

I thought he looked hilarious coming into the SJ at rising trot, it just looked so wrong! And yet, it is obviously so very right considering the results :D