Burghley Horse Trials - where to stay?

boxcarhorse

Visit site
Hi all

Can you help. A group of use are planning to go to Burghley next year, but trying to find accommodation for a group is proving really tricky - it's booked up already. Can anyone make any suggestions (we'd rather not camp!) of hotels, B&Bs or self catering places in the area that could accommodate x8 people?

Thanks in advance

Abacus

Visit site
The George in Stamford is gorgeous and large, but will be expensive. They will book up quickly as well. If you don't mind driving in each day, you mind find cheaper accommodation in the villages around (Bourne is nice - don't know many others).

longdog

Visit site
The George is fab, but yes, v v expensive.... daughter & I treated ourselves last year (just the one night) & saw Oli T all dressed up going in for dinner. Sadly we had to eat at the Pizza place up the road ..... v nice though!

jenn44uk

Visit site
Hi. Do you have your own transport? We go down every year (live in Scotland) and stay in a place in Marston about 25 miles away, but it's just off the A1 so we just pop on and drive down. We go all 4 days and love it. We always book up as soon as we know the dates for the next year. :)

LaurenDobson

Visit site
Last year we went down and stayed for 2 nights, stayed in a Travelodge just on the A1, northbound side. Can't quite remember where it was, but was about 10 minutes from Burghley! Great rooms, just what was needed!

sportsmansB

Visit site
What about hiring a campervan? (or two?)
More comfortable than a tent but all the benefits of being on site?
We stayed in Peterborough last year which was fine but parking passes are fairly pricey and time wasted getting in and out on Sat (we actually got a taxi on Sat as we wanted to have a few sociable beverages...)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I'd go for a hotel on the A1 nearby in that case. We usually camp, but off site as we've found a lovely site with fab facilities.

We found a great B&B through Stamford tourist office once. They are great for advice on accommodation. A lot of people in the area do B&B for that weekend only..

honetpot

Visit site
If there is a group I would suggest caravan or camper. I have friend who goes and camps nearly every year even though we are local. If the weathers good its a lovely holiday.