Burghley PC Intermediate ODE Report

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Arrived in plenty of time to walk the course. Have to admit to being slightly surprised at the technicality of a Level 4 (PN equivalent) course but then it was the Area comp - fences included a skinny brush at the bottom of a hill that resembled a sheer cliff face, a decent log to an offset skinny, a trakehner with a thumping ditch beneath, a tiger trap with a drop and right hand turn to 3 large steps up, a double of arrow heads, a palisade drop, a roll top one stride into water with a chunky oval pimple out - phew
blush.gif
!

Anyway first things first - an acceptable dressage test for 35.6 which put us second in a pretty high scoring section.

SJ - in the 3DE arena which is pretty tight for a big Thug like mine. Add in Jump For Joy bright shiny plastic poles and the XC running round the edge and you've pretty much got carnage
frown.gif
We ended up on 16 faults (our SJ is not good at the moment but this was worse than I imagined).

Then onto XC - this is generally our good phase but I have to admit to setting off with a bit of trepidation as we'd heard about a lot of stops, run outs, etc over the tannoy. Well I needn't have worried as he was awesome - he never had a second thought about a single fence. Finished clear and inside the time!
grin.gif

Even with our dreadful SJ we managed to finish 4th which I think speaks volumes about the trouble on both the SJ and XC. A bit embarassed to pick up a rosette for a well below average performance though.
blush.gif
So, pleased with 2 phases but lots of work still to do on the SJ.

As ever Burghley Park was a lovely place to compete.
laugh.gif

Left over Chicken Casserole and Tiramisu for pudding if you get this far.
laugh.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yay!! Well done! Sounds a bloody good result considering the XC problems etc though! And
blush.gif
at the XC!! That sound spretty tough....

Cruiseonamiro

Visit site
well done! sory didn't meet up. i haven't been on here lately as i've had, ahem, a lot on! but sounds like you had a really good day! i had a gutting dressage score
frown.gif
but reports below!

Gamebird

Visit site
I think I saw some pics of it last year and the pimple was v pimply! I'd take that result any day - you can work on the SJing and those Jump4joy fences are pure evil (just ask Carthorse - he won't even get close enough to knock them down!).