Burghley Shopping

Steerpike

Visit site
I have the opportunity to go to Burghley horse trials on the Thursday, I've never been before as it's a bit of a trek. Can anyone tell me what the shopping is like as that would be the main reason for going!

Abacus

Visit site
Very good - on a par with Badminton, etc. It should be nice and quiet though on the Thursday, its a perfect shopping day. Have fun!

DW Team

Visit site
I have to say I normally go on Thursday as it is our local. But for the last 3-5 years the number equine stands are reducing my the year. The great rug stand (Irish I think) that was on the hill as you came in through the deer gate (hill by Aga shop) and the double fronted stand in the same area both no longer there. Horse village area much reduced and more and more clothing for hunting/fishing/shooting taking over. Always used to by my winter rugs on the Thursday. Last year struggled to find any at a reasonable price. Have horse thugs who trash rugs in days so hate spending fortune on something that might last 24 hours! The food court is always amazing if a little over priced. Rural crafts also seem to be loosing a number of the stands that I used to get great Christmas (I know sad person!) gifts from. As it is our local I am sure I will be going on Thursday but will I think be in the stands with my camera.