Burghley XC thread...

gloster_image

Visit site
Just looked at the results - course is taking its toll. Really sad to see Tor Brewer withdrawn she's prepared so intensely for this!
When is HHOer going XC?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Horse was tired and he missed. Both fell. MW thrown clear, got up stropped off threw whip & hat to ground, swore, stomped back to horse yanked girth & flash loose, then wandered off with it patting it (finally).

clairel

Visit site
MW horse didnt get high enough at 1st mushroom hit it quite hard and went down. rolled right over but not on MW and got up. MW took his hat off and threw it on ground, swore a couple of times and undid girth/ noseband with quite alot of force. Although he did then pat the horse a few times and lead him home

only_me

Visit site
have just looked at results as well -
blush.gif

kerilli

Visit site
no, they didn't show any of BD.
only_me, MW was having a really good classy round, had gone long route at early tricky fence, was riding really nicely and the horse was looking mega, then it just hit the top of the first mushroom and rolled over on landing, not on MW luckily. he ripped his hat off and threw it on the ground, then undid girth etc with quite unnecessary force, patted the horse as hard as he could, obv v angry and disappointed. poor horse whickered when it got up, looked very shocked.
frown.gif

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just looked at the results - course is taking its toll. Really sad to see Tor Brewer withdrawn she's prepared so intensely for this!
When is HHOer going XC?

[/ QUOTE ]
G_I, Tor's horse slipped very badly on the flat at Hartpury and isn't absolutely 100%, and she decided, very wisely i think, that they need to be firing on all cylinders for a course like this. Such a shame, hope she has a brilliant Badders next Spring!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
when shall i go 4 food!? i dont wana look at results to see who will go clear and not provide much entertainment lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Chew your arm, and wait till the end!!!!
grin.gif

lizh

Visit site
please don't forget to complain via:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaints_stage1.shtml

about the 'tent' and the fact we aren't live. and the fact we haven't been able to see full coverage as promised - we've missed Daisy Dick too.

I know it's up and running now, but don't let that stop you complaining so they don't make us suffer this at Badders.

Telephone complaints (but that would stop you watching) - 03700 100 222

gloster_image

Visit site
Ah that's a shame I didn't realise he'd slipped at Hartpury I left before then and havn't spoken to her since. Good decision then to withdraw she'll be ready for badders!