Burghley young event horse and event ponies

elkiebean

www.sendbarnsequestrian.co.uk
Hi

I am trying to find some information about the Burghley young event horse and event ponies.

Is this open to anyone? Of course I know you have to qualify but googling isn't giving me much help and would love to find out some more info on qualifying and basically any info that anyone might have on both!?

Thanks in advance!! ☺️☺️

KautoStar1

Visit site
Rightly so, it was a lovely horse! I thought the 4yos were all really impressive this year.

She rode a lovely sympathetic jumping round, just letting a young green horse find his feet and work stuff out for himself whilst keeping him straight and true. She is relatively unknown although does well locally with horses in for schooling, so hopefully this win will get her the wider recognition she deserves.

AnShanDan

Visit site
Don't think they do the event ponies any more do they? We qualified a pony years ago at Kelso Show, didn't go to the final cos he was sold by then.

The format was the same as BYEH, dressage test, jumping and then judging.

elkiebean

www.sendbarnsequestrian.co.uk
Thanks for the replies!!!
We saw some of the classes this year... Some really really lovely horses!!

There were ponies there this year!?
But I can't find anything on it past 2014 on Google so maybe it was somethings g different??
I'll have to have a look into that!

☺️

gunnergundog

Visit site
No ponies! Have to be over 148cm without shoes. You will find that the smaller ones struggle to qualify and never do quite as well as their bigger (comparable) counterparts.