Burnham Beeches Intro "The Hattie Monster Returns"

Hattikins

Visit site
Was sooooo excited as have been counting down to the day when Hattie could do her first event having been off with a pulled muscle in her bottom
blush.gif
since the week before Stilemans PN (End of February)
frown.gif

So arrived at Burnham Beeches and looked at SJing which was nice and on a surface
smile.gif
and then walked the XC which was pretty bright!! there was a double consisting of lots of green plastic oil drums, a wall with a papier mache humpty dumpty bobbing about on it! the water had some plastic ducks in it and a wooden horse and pink cuddly bunny sitting by it! and the last four fences were all really "looky", one was a palisade with a massive white sign saying "snowball farm" etc. on it, the next one was under an arch, the second to last was two massive black dominoes with two upright dominoes for wings and the last was under an enormous arch thing with a scarecrow sitting on the top! Plenty for Hatts to look at considering she hasnt been XC since february!
blush.gif

Anyway wandered her down to the dressage and along the lane past the Archery club
blush.gif
and she warmed up nicely, no bronching which is always a bonus!
grin.gif
Went in a rode what felt like a really consistent test, came out and mum thought it was ok but lacked her usual extra sparkle, but for a first dressage since S of E last October i was very satified
smile.gif
grin.gif
big pats for Hattsy!
grin.gif

Next onto the SJing and she felt lovely
smile.gif
Leapt around giving everything feet to spare and pretended there was a scary monster under the first fence!! Finished with a clear - think id have had serious words with madam if she'd kicked a pole out!!
smirk.gif

Finally onto the XC and by this point i knew we'd got a 27 dressage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
which put us in 3rd after dressage -with one on 26 and one on 25.5 infront of us, but the 26 had already gone XC and had had 6 time pens so i was lying in second
grin.gif
Cue butterflies as i wondered what she'd make of the XC!!! so....

...Into the start box and off we went first couple of fences i could feel her going "are you mad i havent done this in ages!!" but after the slatted thing as fence 3 i kicked her on down to the house at fence 4 and she was off and away
grin.gif
had a bit of a look at the Skinny Castle fence as she's got a bit of a thing about not being able to see either side of where she's jumping to! but she was fine
smile.gif
splashed through the water and did the most unnecessary leap out up the step!
blush.gif
and then off for the final leg of the course and home!
grin.gif
Clear and inside the time by 24secs
blush.gif
!! the time across the intro sections proved pretty hard to get
smile.gif

I was so so so thrilled with her
grin.gif
to come out and do her first dressage on grass, her first proper SJing round and her first XC for over 5 1/2months i couldnt have asked for more from her
cool.gif
She gave a fantastic feel and seemed to be really enjoying herself which was of course the main thing
grin.gif

Waited for scores to come up and turned out the one on 25.5 had had 20pens on the XC which meant Hatts had WON!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Clever Girlie!! Lovely prizes of a really nice thick navy fleece and some navy fleece bandages, oh and some treats for Hatts too
grin.gif

So all in all a lovely start to Hattie's very late season! Over the moon with her and cant wait to get her out round Firle PN next
grin.gif

p.s. will put some pics in the gallery
smile.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
FANTASTIC but agree with KatB
tongue.gif

no only joking she looked fab in the faltwork photos you showed us recently she is a very classy horse!

Rosiefan

Visit site
Oh how great are you two - you must be absolutely ecstatic. Fantastic 'come back'. Hope Firle PN goes just as well
smile.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you
grin.gif
cant wait to get her back jumping some bigger stuff
smile.gif
She finished last year comfortably at PN but felt it was only fair to drop her back to intro for her first event as being a typical chestnut mare she could easily have decided to make life difficult!
blush.gif
wink.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
Excellent she really is a class horse
smile.gif

Im at firle on Fri (day b4 dress) & Sat now as have swapped Dext for Dougal so may see you
smile.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
Think there is going to be loads of HHO's at Firle, i know of atleast 6/7 so far. Will have to make a note of peoples numbers closer to the time.
grin.gif
Coming to watch/help a friend sat as got nothing out at the moment so will try to see people go...

wizoz

Visit site
WOW, amazing! Blimmin well done you and Hattie, what a start! I'm very pleased for you, it just goes to show that good things do come to those who wait.
laugh.gif

Fantastic result.xx
smile.gif
cool.gif

ecrozier

Visit site
Wow well done, I was there too today - didn't do nearly as well as you but had a grand day out!! Which section did you win?

Hattikins

Visit site
hahaa! thanks everyone
grin.gif
Its great to have the ginger baggage back
grin.gif
Credit some of my win to Fiddler, as like to think he's still out there somewhere looking out for me
wink.gif
But Hattie really is fantastic - she just loves her job, i know im so lucky to have her
smile.gif

Emma_C - think you did a marvellous job for your first BE event
grin.gif
top marks to you and your chappy!
grin.gif
I won section C
smile.gif