Butet Jumping Saddle

KRjumpjump

Visit site
Hi, has anyone purchased a Butet saddle from Sederholm. I'm planning on going over to their store at Hickstead next weekend, but does anyone know how long it takes them to have a saddle made, or have any experience dealing with them? Can you get Butet's 'off the rack' or do you have to get it made?
Thanks!

eventer131

Visit site
Hi, has anyone purchased a Butet saddle from Sederholm. I'm planning on going over to their store at Hickstead next weekend, but does anyone know how long it takes them to have a saddle made, or have any experience dealing with them? Can you get Butet's 'off the rack' or do you have to get it made?
Thanks!

Hi, it takes about 8weeks+ although it depends on when there delivery and order dates are. I however, have had a few problems with the m2m butets, they made me one didnt fit made me another one (by frederic butet himself) and still didnt fit, although this is more than likely my horses shape but still was an annoying 6+ months. is it dressage or jumping you want? (the only reason i ask is that i have an amazing quality 2nd hand dressage, that fitted beautifully, i just haven't had the time to return to them for resale! - barely used) and you can get second hand or ex-demonstrator they have a lot of 2nd hand ones on their website!.

ETA. Just readx the title again and realised it says jumping so in that case ignore my rambling

Last edited:

KRjumpjump

Visit site
Thanks for the reply, had a feeling it would be around 8 weeks and I don't know if I want to wait that long! Will be for a new horse so will have nothing to ride on in the meantime unless I'm very lucky and it fits my current saddle. Do you know if they travel to fit second hand saddles by any chance?

eventer131

Visit site
Thanks for the reply, had a feeling it would be around 8 weeks and I don't know if I want to wait that long! Will be for a new horse so will have nothing to ride on in the meantime unless I'm very lucky and it fits my current saddle. Do you know if they travel to fit second hand saddles by any chance?

They did lend me a saddle for the meantime, the exact same as what I ordered but just with a pad to make it fit! I believe they do but any serious alterations would mean the saddle would have to be sent back to France as that is where the alter saddles too! Which is again a Timely process but more often than not they have a saddle that would fit!