buyer messing me around

Highlands

Visit site
Have read the first post and the last....

Your buyer does not seem to be messing you around, she got on to the vets at open of business today. If she had not come along then you would still be paying. She has done all that is asked of her so far. You could have been time wasted and no one turned up.

You never know she might even offer you some keep money but until the horse is vetted it is your responsibility.

Sorry your vets are busy.... Non urgent case..... Not her fault, seems you are in rather a rush

Spit That Out

Visit site
Even if another buyer came this weekend after you gave the first buyer their money back, they probably wouldn't get another vet organised until next week now anyway so I don't understand why you think the buyer is messing you around?
Vets can't drop everything just because you need a quick sale, it's not an emergency so it's a routine call out which means you have to book an appointment behind everyone else who already has one.
Like you, they want to save a few pennies and get someone they trust to vet a horse which is costing 2.5k which isn't loose change. Just because you can find a vet that charges a fortune at a drop of a hat doesn't mean the buyer should use them just so you don't have to pay another weeks livery. I know they said they would but life kicks you in the nuts sometimes and you have to roll with it...they can't get a vet so tough. Stop throwing your toys out the pram.
If it means that much then put £100 to the vet fees and get the expensive vet out? Surely your paying more than £100 a week on full livery anyway?
I hope the buyer isn't on here as I can see them asking for their money back and telling you to do one...there are plenty of good quality horses out there for the money your asking.

brownie57

Visit site
i actually had 2 people booked to view the next day and another 2 days after that. I put them all off till this weekend coming and told the lady she would need to get the vetting done this week, she said she would and left a deposit.

She will not pay for extra weeks livery and wont pay the extra £100 for the vet she found who will do it this week,

So i have not messed her about have i ?

But not to worry, i will work something out and will not come on here again thats for sure. :)

PSs: Spit that out - i did not find the vet, she found them, but said they are too expensive

Last edited:

Highlands

Visit site
i actually had 2 people booked to view the next day and another 2 days after that. I put them all off till this weekend coming and told the lady she would need to get the vetting done this week, she said she would and left a deposit.

She will not pay for extra weeks livery and wont pay the extra £100 for the vet she found who will do it this week,

So i have not messed her about have i ?

But not to worry, i will work something out and will not come on here again thats for sure. :)

Could you offer her a list of vets or at least some within a 20 mile radius . She needs to make the decision of who does what but it might make it quicker.

She has given you some money, goodwill deserves equally trust and goodwill

FionaM12

Visit site
And so more people need vettings/ jabs etc?

:confused: No, I think what was being implied was that the OP is a school child coming on here to stir people up. ;)

I'm not saying this is the case here, just explaining the post. It does happen, HHO gets an influx of trolls when school's out. :rolleyes:

Bexx

Visit site
Sorry, when did i say i wanted the horse gone asap ??????

Why do people on this forum just make up stories,

I made an agreement with the buyer and she has broken it, not me. Its not my fault that she can only find one vet to come out who is expensive. She should have thought about that before making an agreement.

I will sell the horse to someone else,

Thanks

She has not intentionally broken the agreement. Is she supposed to be psychic and know that her vet of choice is going to be free :eek: :confused:

Highlands

Visit site
:confused: No, I think what was being implied was that the OP is a school child coming on here to stir people up. ;)

I'm not saying this is the case here, just explaining the post. It does happen, HHO gets an influx of trolls when school's out. :rolleyes:

Sorry being slow..... Only 4 days till trolls out for summer.........

lannerch

Visit site
But you have messed her around you have taken her deposit and are threatening to break your agreement and try and sell the horse to someone else.
The buyer has fdine nothing wrong .
If you sell enough horses you will soon realise that buyers are often not as they seem, those who booked to view often will not turn up, when they do, although they claim they can ride, they more often than that cannot ride for toffee, then there are those that agree to buy the horse, no deposit change there mind !

You have found what sounds like a very decent buying, I think in this climate you are very very lucky, grab them with both hands .
You must be a troll to be carrying on like you are, as no serious seller would risk a genuine sale because of a weeks livery, livery you pay for anyway !

WelshD

Visit site
If I was the buyer and the horse had been reduced by more than half price I would extra specially want to wait for a vet I trusted

Your need to have the horse vetted and out if there would make me more determined to wait for my choice of vet

Goldenstar

Visit site
This threads a great advertisement of the advantage of buying from a dealer .
Op tell the buyer Wednesday is fine but you will need her to be ready to pick the horse up ASAP after the vetting
You are unlikely to find another buyer to seal the deal in the time frame anyway no one with half a brain buys a horse with a £2000 price reduction without a careful vetting.
£ 100 cheaper is a lot on the vetting of a cheap horse I don't blame the buyer for waiting

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Thank god I bought my horses from reasonable people!! The buyer has done nothing other than been fair and honest. Who the heck would pay £100 over the odds for a vetting? Certainly not OP...

OP you are coming across as ruder and stroppier than anyone else you are accusing of bullying and ganging up on this thread, making yourself look an idiot. (Unless you are called Brownie because you actually are one and are aged ten perhaps??) Now you can add me to your reporting list!

SallyBatty

Visit site
I doubt if any buyer wanting to use a recommended vet in the area for a 5 stage vetting would find one available to come out within a week. I know I had to wait 2 weeks for mine to have an available slot because they book an entire half day for one. A thorough vetting takes time and then he discussed his findings with me and spent time after answering all my questions. After passing the vetting I had to organise transport as I don't have my own. So from the day I paid the deposit it was 3 weeks before I took the horse away. And that was doing everything as fast as I could.

Unless you have already given notice at your livery yard which is up at the end of the week and I would have thought that would be rather risky before the vetting had taken place, or you already have a replacement horse coming at the end of the week then I can't see what difference another week would make. Most livery yards want a month's notice anyway.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I must be the only person that has some sympathy with the seller.

If I had agreed to drop a price on a horse on the understanding that it would be vetted that week and sale completed if passed by the end of the week then I don't think it unreasonable to be annoyed that the buyer then doesn't meet their part of the agreement if indeed that was what had been clearly agreed. It takes at least two to parties to make an agreement and that includes the buyer. If they have reneged on their part of the deal then that is their look out.

It seems to me that if buyer wanted to benefit from the £2500 reduction then it seems a bit mean on their part to then to quibble over £100 extra for the vetting. If I were the seller I would be annoyed too. However all in all the seller may as well go ahead with current buyer unless someone is a cash buyer that doesn't want a vetting done because it will still take time to sell the horse.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I've got to say I don't really understand the problem - the agreement was you'd hold the horse subject to vetting this week. The vetting isn't till next week, so just tell the buyer that's great and as per your agreement, other prospective purchasers will be viewing the horse this weekend.

Of course, you run the risk of the buyer pulling out and none of the people this weekend wanting to buy the horse - but then again if you don't tell the buyer you're letting other people try this weekend then you never know, you might get lucky and someone buys with no vetting.

I personally think that's a pretty unethical way to behave, but you wouldn't be the first person to do it and you won't be the last.

I have to say, I wouldn't have put off the other viewings until the vet was booked though!

cptrayes

Visit site
I must be the only person that has some sympathy with the seller.

If I had agreed to drop a price on a horse on the understanding that it would be vetted that week and sale completed if passed by the end of the week then I don't think it unreasonable to be annoyed that the buyer then doesn't meet their part of the agreement if indeed that was what had been clearly agreed. It takes at least two to parties to make an agreement and that includes the buyer. If they have reneged on their part of the deal then that is their look out.

It seems to me that if buyer wanted to benefit from the £2500 reduction then it seems a bit mean on their part to then to quibble over £100 extra for the vetting. If I were the seller I would be annoyed too. However all in all the seller may as well go ahead with current buyer unless someone is a cash buyer that doesn't want a vetting done because it will still take time to sell the horse.

I think the buyer only ever saw the horse advertised at the lower price.

Lambkins

Visit site
Offer pay the extra £100 for the vetting then ..as like u say it will cost more than that to keep him for 1 1/2 / 2 weeks ?

tinap

Visit site
I agree cptrayes, the way I read it is that seller dropped the price & then the buyer came to view. I don't think the dropped price has anything to do with the buyer x

GeorgeyGal

Visit site
I understand where the OP is coming from - so you had I assume a verbal agreement that the buyer would get a vetting done within 7 days, and she left a deposit. I would have highlighted again that it had to be within the week when she told you it would be over a week otherwise the agreement would be null and void, deposit given back and back on sale again. Looking at the buyers perspective, maybe she doesn't realise you feel messed about and would have paid the £100 if she realised those are the terms of sale with no flexibility. I'd be talking this through with her first before making any rash decisions. Goodluck, hope it works out.

Merrymoles

Visit site
I have sympathy for the buyer. When I tried to get my new boy vetted, my own vet was too far away, my second choice was on holiday, the third turned out to be the seller's vet and the fourth couldn't fit it in for more than a week. I was very keen and luckily had understanding sellers who were happy to wait for the right buyer.
I, too, was sensitive on the price of vetting, largely because it was the second time I'd paid for a vetting. The first horse had failed and I was, therefore, already out of pocket.