Buying a lorry with test nearly run out?

sammiea

Visit site
How much would test (mot) running out at the end of this month (june) affect the selling price of a 7.5t lorry?

What would you expect to get off the asking price if you were prepared to put it through test yourself?

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Well assuming you can get the truck booked in for a test this month, (some area's have a wait of upto 2 months for tests). I have just paid £130 for a Saturday morning test.

I personally wouldnt buy a horsebox that didnt have a recent plaiting. If you buy it & then put it through the plaiting who knows if it will pass or fail. If it fails it can be very expensive depending on what it failed on.

I wouldnt even haggle over money off, but i would haggle to get the seller to put it through an MOT before i bought.

gummybear

Visit site
As already said - I doubt it would even sell! If you didnt sell it this month (presuming you are the seller and not the buyer) you would have to have it replated anyway to be able to sell in July. I would get it plated then sell - as a buyer, I would certainly not by a lorry/car without a recent MOT/plating on it. If you are the seller - and the lorry fails the plate and you dont want to pay for the repairs, you can then look at selling for a reduced price and the buyer will then know what repairs are required and you can price accordingly.