buying bedding by the pallet ?

whiteflower

Visit site
With the horses having to say in a lot more this winter due to the slightly 'damp' weather we have been having, im going through bedding at an astounding rate !

I have the ability to store 1 possibly 2 pallets of bedding so wanted to try and buy in bulk. i currently use chopped rape bedding and would like to continue with a product like this. i have emailed several companies in relation to getting a quote for a pallet to be delivered and not had any replies.

do the companies only deliver full lorry loads or does anyone else manage to get bedding delivered in this way ?

can anyone recommend any companies that deliver rape straw type bedding by the pallet as my poor husband is getting a little fractious at the twice weekly bedding buying trips bless him !!

eggs

Visit site
I used to get a easibed by the pallet load and now have a pallet of Five Star professional delivered each month. Try phoning rather than emailing

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
You may get a discount for a pallet full from a feed store but to be honest the main bedding manufacturers do not really consider that a pallet is bulk buying & worthy of a discount. If you were buying a couple of pallets each month then you may qualify but just buying a pallet & it lasting you a few months isn't bulk buying to them.

whiteflower

Visit site
thanks for the replys, its not so much for trying to get a discount, more for convenience !

i will contact my local feed store as i suspected 1 or 2 pallets may not be enough for the main companies and see if they can help.

will have a look at the miscanthus and wood pellets, thanks

PeeGee

Visit site
I use cardboard bedding, I get a pallet of 24 bales delivered from recycling company. They don't have a problem delivering just one pallet, sometimes I have to wait a few days so they can deliver to other customers in the area but it's no big deal.

Pbws

Visit site
I would also ring them. I buy equisorb by the pallet and can't see many feed shops having room to store a lorry load of each type of bedding they sell so would think almost all of them will sell by the pallet. I don't know about chopped rape but colehay sell chopped straw and chopped miscanthus by the pallet load.

maisie06

Visit site
Contact your local feed store! We do pallet discounts for customers, it saves them having to keep coming in every few days you will also have the convienience of having it delivered and stacked. Depending on which company we are dealing with I think the smallest direct order we can make has to be 7 pallets for them to make a delivery anything under is just not worth the time and fuel.

Spit That Out

Visit site
Your local feed store is more likely to deliver by the pallet than a manufacturer.
My feed merchant either orders in what you want and you collect or for a small fee they will deliver.
I order x2 pallets at a time which is delivered only downside is having to unload at our end and restack...you find muscles you didn't think you had!!!
Some merchants let you open an account so you pay after delivery.
What area are you in OP as someone might know of a merchant in your area?

whiteflower

Visit site
thanks for all the replys everyone, ive spoken to equisorb and they will deliver me 2 pallets so thanks domirati for pointing me in their direction - they have been really helpful