Buying Benzyl Benzoate

Theresa_F

Visit site
Has anyone else had real problems getting this from chemists? I have - can't find it anywhere.

However, have just ordered some from here

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/benzyl-benzoate-25-application_1_9372.html

Whilst Stinky is not that bad, I do find it good to help with them wanting to itch and repelling the midges when it is really bad - this year has been the worst I have known - even horses at our yard that don't itch are rubbing like mad.

We have now these huge monsters like a daddy longlegs which leave a hole like a drawing pin has been stuck in you and a massive lump - even I have been bitten and I am normally left alone - damm this wet summer.

Holly7

Visit site
Ive not bought it this year but had no problem in getting it from Boots in previous years......has something happened with it to make it non saleable over the counter?

lochpearl

Visit site
thanks Theresa_F I had the same problem and then had to order it from Animal Pharmacy abroad (they are the people you can buy sedalin and dermobian off) then my stupid horse decided to pick up my grooming kit and throw it across the yard at the weekend smashing the full bottle I had in there, so will be buying some more now!!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Must be - I have tried Superdrug, Boots and several others with no luck in Epping, Harlow and various places in Centra/East London - think Boots now don't stock it - or at least the ones I visited don't.

spottybotty

Visit site
I have found it hard yo get over the counter, also peroxide from the chemist.You get the spanish inquisitian!
confused.gif
I did notice the price of pergolide,I may ask for a written prescription from my vets.

jinxy

Visit site
I went in to the local chemist near me who sell it and when asked if i had used it before i said yes its for my horse at which the lady said "i don't think we can sell it to you" my reply was " i have been buying it off you for 2 years why not" she came back with "its not a veterinary medicine (or something like that) i will have to check" so she toddled off and checked (at this point i was getting ready to start kicking off i was going to leave that chemist with that bottle one way or another as i know how hard it is to get) they said they would sell me it but next time i shouldnt say that it is for my horse. So off i toddled with two bottles

PennyJ

Visit site
I just went in the local village pharmacy and asked for it! (I told them it was for a horse) OK it's a fairly horsey area, but I would have thought you could have asked the pharmacist to get some in for you. If our little guy can, then I don't see why a large one can't. And he also sells citronella oil too.

Angua2

Visit site
the problem with benzyl ( and peroxide) is that it has been included in some bomb making recipes and that is why they had to clamp down. my local boots were happy to order and supply me both when I asked and didn't even bat and eyelid when I said it was For my animals

Flora232

New User
Visit site
its 9.99'litre from hyperdrug online no problems you just have to register as a customer deliver quickly cheap wormers and other stuff too