Buying hats online... yay or nay?

CBFan

Visit site
I've recently had a fall, during which I hit my head, albeit fairly lightly on a sand surface but feel I should replace my hat... The thing is, I can't find anywhere local to me that stock the same hat and I know how much trouble it was to find a hat to fit me before due to the shape of my head - luckily a Charles Owen Rep made this one fit really rather nicely so I'm hoping the same can be achieved again... so... do I buy it online? Not sure how I feel about it being thrown around in the back of a delivery truck! lol!.... probably completely irrational fear! lol! reassurance?

dianchi

Visit site
Just out of interest, how do you think they get to your tack stores??

Its fine, although people do take the mick with going to stores for fittings and then buying online!

CBFan

Visit site

Its fine, although people do take the mick with going to stores for fittings and then buying online!

I know! But I have visions of them being carefully stacked to get to stores! rather than chucked in the back of a courier van and bounced around...

Yes, I agree people do take the mick, however, I know this hat fits as I have currently got it and I bought it from a trade stand at Burghley a couple of years ago... so I have nothing to feel guilty for and I'm not wasting a tack shop's time fitting me with something I know won't fit! :)

BlackRider

Visit site
I tried on the make / model I wanted in my local shop, but they didn't have the colour I wanted, so ordered online, and it arrived in pristine condition, and I was £30 better off.

I would have preferred to have bought from the shop, but didn't want to wait for it to be ordered in.

googol

Visit site

I clicked on this thread with interest and then thought, oh yea how do they get to shops lolol