Cair saddles and uneven sweat patches

treacle_beastie

Visit site
I am about to give up with my wintec saddle and get a kent and masters instead but before I do I thought I would give it one more chance but I need some help.

I have the right size gullet in and the saddle has been fitted and checked by the saddle fitter but I have no idea what is going on with it.

When it was first fitted there were even sweat patches, then it started leaving dry patches either side of the wither - I went up a size in the gullet but now (after 6 weeks off work), the wider gullet fits but it is leaving sweat marks at the front, back and an outline over the length of the panel but not in the middle.

The saddle is not bridging.

Is it something to do with the cair panels?? Anyone else had this happen?

Firewell

Visit site
I was told by a master saddler that it is usual to have dry patches either side of the wither (or back a bit) as that is where the stirrup bars are and therefore where your weight is centred for instance when you stand up in the stirrups to do fast work, when you rise in trot ect. So imagine how heavy you are and it's pulling down on the stirrups on that one
spot...
I was told it's nothing to worry about as long as the horse isn't sore and the saddle fits well.

be positive

Visit site
It sounds as if it is bridging it could just be doing so when you are sitting in it. The marks on your horses back should be all along the panel.
I think cair can move and some people have had them flocked.

treacle_beastie

Visit site
The saddle is making contact through the whole length so its definitely not bridging (thats what I thought at first glance), it leaves sweat outlines of the panel its just that its not filling in the shape of the panel along the length if that makes sense. Its almost as if the cair panels are causing too much pressure and stopping the sweating but they seem soft and the horse is comfortable and showing no signs of the saddle causing discomfort.

I have had saddle fitting nightmares with my horse and she is very quick to tell me there is something wrong with it!

The really annoying thing is, it technically fits, its just the odd sweat patterns that have made me concerned that it doesnt fit, esp when 6 weeks ago it left even sweat patterns!