Calm healthy horses

kinnygirl1

Visit site
I have just started the grazezy for my EMS horse and may try the alleviate in the spring when the grass starts to come back. Not used long enough to know if it's helping his EMS yet.. I always fed salt anyway. Interested in how you get on.

silv

Visit site
Anyone use their supplements in particular Alleviate and Grazezy as just starting my grass reactive mare on them.

Yes I would say about 70% of the horsey people I know have their horses on them or a similar product.

Reaction to grass is a huge problem here in NZ. Especially horses who are grazed on what was once dairy pasture. My mare is normally pretty unaffected but this spring it has been so wet that the grass has grown very quickly. I had her on a maintenance dose of Alleviate and she was doing fine for a while, then she started getting really spooky and anxious ie fence walking and having separation anxiety. not like her at all(this coincided with another wet spell and flush of grass) I gave her SOS for two days and she went back to normal very quickly. I have her back on the maintenance dose of Alleviate and a toxin binder. But will keep a close eye on her.

I was out a ride with a friend on Monday her horse was constantly head flicking and rubbing his nose at every opportunity, she started him on SOS and the toxin binder that night and he came right within 48 hours.

They are good products and the lady who owns the company is very helpful.

The only thing I would say is that quite alot of unwanted horse behaviour is blamed on the grass when in fact it is the result of poor handling or poor training. So they are not the "cure all" that some of the marketing would have us believe.

Good luck with your horse, they are definitely good products and worth trying.

Reacher

Visit site
My trimmer is a big advocate of their products and encourages her clients to use them, (plus feeding salt) especially the laminitis rehab cases . I have my 2 on Premium having also used alleviate c and graze-eye in the summer. They look very well on them, though difficult to say exactly how much is down to the CHH products as they weren’t badly grass affected before.
PS my cob has sweet itch ( not severe), trimmer reckons after he’s been on CHH a year or so this will improve - watch this space.