Calmer for travelling

Crackerz

Visit site
I have a pony who loads fine, but doesn't travel well. He is anxious and the nerves come out in double barreling....

He's like this in a 7.5t as well as my 3.5t. I have the partition on the widest setting, he has plenty of room. I cross tie too which he seems to prefer. I can't take the partition out as i dont trust him to turn to the side and double barrel the ramp!

Is there any good calmer i cant try, particularly aimed at anxiousness/nervousness rather than over-exuberant?

He is slowly improving, but i would like to make it nicer for him :)

Shay

Visit site
What are you traveling to, how long are you traevlling and how much do you need to sedate him?

Crackerz

Visit site
For a short journey i wouldn't bother, but this is about an hour. I do intend to arrive a couple of hours before my NPS showing class too, more if needed...

Just need something to knock off his tension - he will be fine on the way home as he will be tired!

Trakehner92

Visit site
I have a friend who seems to have good results with Confidence EQ. I think it lasts a couple of hours. She uses it for travelling and it just knocks the edge off of hers.

I cant say I've tried it myself though as my issue is getting the horse on the wagon .... once we are on we have no issues haha!

Merlod

Visit site
Confidence EQ - my boy had an accident when travelling, no injury but made him nervous.. got a new trailer but he would still sweat up when moving. I started using confidence eq and it just seemed to take the edge off and no more sweating. I think enabling him to be relaxed for a few times just made it a more positive experience for him - I don't even use it any more!

Crackerz

Visit site
Confidence EQ - my boy had an accident when travelling, no injury but made him nervous.. got a new trailer but he would still sweat up when moving. I started using confidence eq and it just seemed to take the edge off and no more sweating. I think enabling him to be relaxed for a few times just made it a more positive experience for him - I don't even use it any more!

That's all i want to do - make it not so stressful for him. Will Google it, thanks Merlod & Trakehner

There are sooo many out there, i could Google all day, so just wanted some recommendations :)

Trakehner92

Visit site
That's all i want to do - make it not so stressful for him. Will Google it, thanks Merlod & Trakehner

There are sooo many out there, i could Google all day, so just wanted some recommendations :)

No problem! If you come across one whilst googling that says 'encourages horse to load on to the box without trying to kill himself in the process' could you give me a shout! :)

Crackerz

Visit site
Ordered! Thanks everyone, i will let you know if it works.... If i am alive on Monday to do a competition write up of course :D