Calmers- Aconite- Homeopathic help

lucym

Visit site
Hiya

I have a 6yo TB who has gastric ulcers, which are being treated, and suffers with stress
He isnt stressy when ridden etc, he is just an anxious character, that thinks too much, and his brain never switches off
I have some Aconite 200c tablets which i give him, if a stressful situation arises, and have seen good effects.
Just wanted to know, is Aconite something I can give him on a daily basis? Also are there any homeopathic calmers out there that contain it?

Has anyone got a similar horse, and a calmer they would recommend?
The vets have recommended Equistro, but it is very pricey

thank you
smile.gif

sye777

Visit site
Hi
Sorry cannot help re the Aconite but have been researching calmers recently for one of my boys. You could have a look at Horse First Relax Me. It works on the gut/digestion and may be beneficial. I have had a nightmare trying to buy it and have spoken to Paddy at Horsefirst at length recently! He is very helpful however I am unable to say whether I am pleased with the product as I only ordered it yesterday.
Other calmers I have trialed are Magic which unfortunately I didnt notice any change with him and Oxy shot instant which I was exteremly impressed with when he travelled to a huge show alone this week.
I aslo add a cup of total eclipse (simple feed systems) to one of his daily feeds and do feel the brewers yeast, seaweed and linseed have helped his gut and coat etc.
Hope this helps!!

royal

Visit site
Try getting in contact with Natural Horse Supplies (On Ebay and also have website)....she sells natural/homeopathic horse remedies including Aconite, so she should be able to tell you if you can feed it daily.
If it works, why change.

Fii

Visit site
i dont mean to scare you but my herb book describes aconite or monkshood as probably the most dangerous of all british plants.it is contained in proprietary analgesic medicines to alleviate pain both internally and externally. these drugs can be prescribed only by qualifiedmedical practitioners. this is a short but direct quote from the book