Calmers again. sorry

_daisy_

Visit site
need your help peeps.
Chantin is a stress head anyway but atm when shes stabled she sweats like mad whether there are other horses stanled with her or not. Vet thinks a calmer could help just take the edge off her.
She is great to ride - like a dope on a rope really for a 17.2hh 4yo WB. She has her napping moments but all she does in plant herself in the floor and refuses to move - doesnt rear or buck. Does the odd kick out but thats nowt.
Ive just taken her off her feed (as per vets advice- see swollen legs update) but want to give her something to help her settle into stable life.

So deos anyone use a clamer that is really good? any recommendations

Cullohill

photobucket.com
i recently put my boy on So Kalm by equine america as he is on box rest and being walked out in hand and i truly believe it has helped him and taken the edge off.
I also used their So Kalm paste in a syringe while i was competing him and that really helped.......

juliehannah58

Visit site
Our old jumping mare used to be great on D&H Placid, it's only about £10 a tub round here and last a month. I also tried a Winergy Feed that had a calmer built into it, that worked really well too, but as you are cutting feed out perhaps try that once she is back on hard feed
smile.gif

peanutpussycat

Visit site
tried em all!!! have to really recommend equiform staycalm. like legal dope. my fussy horse loves it too. you can try a small tub and it's not that dear. gd luck

Beanyowner

Visit site
Many friends of mine have tried severa calmers and all agree that the Nupafeed Tempralax (I think) calmer is best...also one of the most expensive!! Many of the high evel eventers use it just to 'take the edge off'...but still leaves the horse sharp enough to deal with the XC and doesn't loose that 'sparkle' in the dressage.