Calmers that you don't have to use everyday?

Ellietotz

Visit site
Trying to think of options for a crazy energetic borderline psychotic pony that currently only gets ridden a couple of times a week. Are there calmers that don't need to be used everyday as she only gets hard feed after exercise?
Thank you!

Shay

Visit site
Magnesium is only effective if the diet is otherwise deficient. But immensely effective if it is. There are magnesium based pastes given 2 - 3 hours before something exciting. Or things like "confidence EQ" I've never used that but a yard mates does and says it is effective.

But might your borderline psychotic pony be better if it was exercised more often? Also possibly cut out the hard feed altogether? Not only to cut out anything that might be heating but also its better to keep feeding routine so the gut can adjust properly. 2 hard feeds a week might not be helping.

Auslander

Visit site
I'm not a gret fan of calmers, as most of them seem to me to be fairly ineffective. The only one I've used that has had a noticeable effect has been Prokalm (Science Supplements) - which I used for a horse coming off box rest. It definitely took the edge off him for his in-hand and ridden work, and was also good for turnout and before clipping.