Calmers - what do you use for anxiety and sensitive mares ?

Gingerwitch

Visit site
As above, just looking to break a cycle with a project but have never fed or used calmers. It's to help with ridden work when horse just bubbles and gets her furry knickers in a tangle.

Charrose77

Visit site
I have recently put my mare on Equinox. I ignored it for ages as it kept popping up in my Facebook feed and I honestly thought it was a load of nonsense, looking at the reviews, they looked too good to be true. It was only a chance conversation with a saddler who happened to mention her mare was very similar to mine but she had recently bought Equinox and had good result. I put my mare on it straight away and the results are amazing. Even her walk in hand is different, she walks calmly next to me instead of marching. Way less stressy in the mornings, and a donkey out hacking..l may even actually reduce the amount I give her if it continues this way. Careful what you wish for ?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
As above, just looking to break a cycle with a project but have never fed or used calmers. It's to help with ridden work when horse just bubbles and gets her furry knickers in a tangle.

I am using valerian for stressy competition horses who have moved and can’t cope. I have stuffed all 3 mares on it because they are driving me crazy with their neediness as they have been unsettled by moving. I will feed it for about a month hopefully and I am hoping for improved behaviour. I guess it’s about the only thing to be grateful to lockdown for that I can feed it for a month with no worries about competitions being imminent and withdrawal periods.

I don’t believe in calmers in the slightest but as this is not legal for competing on it must actually do something!!