Calmers?

equi2012

Visit site
Can anybody recommend some calmers pls? What do u use/worth the money pls? Just to take the edge off when competing as my pony can get quite tense. Had all tack/back etc checked and he has physio regularly so definitely not in pain, just can get quite overwhelmed.

Rosiebelle

Visit site
hi my vet told me to try my horse on standard magnesium to start with and give it a good month to take effect. Heard NAF magic has good results.

Visit site
I have never found a competition legal calmer that works on horses. What does tend to work is rescue remedy for the rider. Whether it is a placebo effect - they know they have taken a calmer and are thus more calm is open to debate - same as if you give your horse a calmer are you then calmer because you expect them to be and then it is thus so.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Can anybody recommend some calmers pls? What do u use/worth the money pls? Just to take the edge off when competing as my pony can get quite tense. Had all tack/back etc checked and he has physio regularly so definitely not in pain, just can get quite overwhelmed.

You may need to try a few, in case your pony does not need magnesium as it can and does make them worst, my boy is best on Magic but my mare it did nothing as did horse first. My best result so far is Cool Calm and Collected by Equifeast.

I have a sample packet of Magnitude if anyone wants it as my mare cannot have magnesium

turnbuckle

Visit site
Don't know why but Nupafeed Mag Ox does seem to work better than any of the others, for mine and various other horses I know.. But it really is trial and error.