calming a potty ID Gelding for jumping

courage_uk

Visit site
Hiya everyone,

I’v got a show jumping competition next weekend, and I am slightly nervous as last time I took my gelding show jumping he deiced to wave at everyone with his front hooves and scare the living bejez out of me, following that experience i was wondering if any one had views on the Calmers, Oxyshot, and the NAF Magic shots, as to which is better. my gelding is an absolute superstar in every other way and doesn’t ever play up, he just gets so excited and wants to show off.
Any thoughts be much appreciated,:)

JenTaz

Visit site
i've never known the NAF magic to work on any horse tbh one of my friends used it for competiting and never made a single difference, however the equine america stuff sells out at the shop alot so maybe that may be worth looking into

JamilaParr

Visit site
I haven't found any of those things to work and acp seems a tad extreme at this stage. I'd be inclined to take him out as often as possible schooling and competing and soon it'll not be AS exciting.. (saying that who has time for this unless you do this for a living?)

courage_uk

Visit site
aye this is it, i can only compete once a year, as its the only place i can hack too,

iv bought the magic shot today, so i will give it a go and see how it fairs--

im hoping the 8 mile walk to the show will chill him out before we do anything LOL hes been in pretty heavy work toom so im hoping things will be better this year, last year was my first every comp, and he had lots of spells of being lame so we didnt get much practice,

i'lll let you all know how this NAF product fairs, - only NAF prod i would swear by is their MSM lol xx

courage_uk

Visit site
had my show jumping today.... and to my surprise the Magic Shot Calmer did work very well, unfortunately i took a dive in the clear round on my 17.2 and managed to bruise my back, but other then that, had a fantastic day, and Mac was really well behaved and didn't really put a foot wrong ( only a well timed cat leap when my stirrups fell off LOL )
44353_421089051790_558991790_5395499_791052_n.jpg

eoe

Visit site
I use the NAF Instant Magic on my IDxWarmblood and it works wonders, but then oxyshot works on my hanovarian mare, each to their own.

Sorry to hear about your tumble xx