Calming supplements

scats

Visit site
Honestly, I’ve never found a calmer that works. I’ve tried many in the past for spooky and reactive horses but I don’t think anything has made a difference. More work, ignoring silly behaviour and/or channelling it into more work has always been the best recipe.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Honestly, I’ve never found a calmer that works. I’ve tried many in the past for spooky and reactive horses but I don’t think anything has made a difference. More work, ignoring silly behaviour and/or channelling it into more work has always been the best recipe.
I must admit! I agree with you scats!
I changed my routine, and ride every day unless there is a really good reason not to…. And that has definitely helped with my spooky boy. He likes routine and loves being ridden every day. Pretty sure he has a watch , gets himself to the gate just before I arrive ?

Hallo2012

Visit site
generally think they are total rubbish but cannot defy the results on science supplements prokalm, hasn't eliminated the issue totally but has made it 500 x more rideable through.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Believe it or not a session of reiki sorted out Farans sudden bout of nervousness and anxiety.

Previousky I have used a valerian camomile and other herb blend that had a good effect. Feeding magnesium works if the horses has a deficiency, heard a lot of good things about calming cookies but admit I’ve never tried them

lynz88

Visit site
Magnesium works well in both horses and people :)

Boswellia made my guy stupidly laid back and dopey. No idea why but he looked like he had smoked a joint (or few). He wasn't on it for very long and once I took him off he has seemed to perk up again.

Caol Ila

Visit site
I give my Highlan valerian. It feels like I'm cheating, using a calmer, but he's less reactive and more thinking on it.

cauda equina

Visit site
It's also worth thinking about what you might stop giving him - does he have anything in his feed such as alfalfa that might be causing the unwanted behaviour?