Camber sands NY Day? Any one been.

elsielouise

Visit site
Hi

Just on a quick research mission. I have been to camber sands without horses and my OH suggested going tomorrow. Is anyone local or experienced in taking horses there to advise on conditions at the moment.

I have the coast guards number as he gave it to us last time to ring and check tide times but am after more specific riding info?

Ie do the kite surfers get in the way? Do I need to go v early to avoid people and can I park disco Nd trailer?

It's a bit of a trek for us so will only bother if likely to get a bit of a blast in and get some pictures with new camera.

Oh and, I have ridden on beaches quite a few times but my silly strong mare has never been. I've just taken her out for a gallop this morning and she"s used to open spaces but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

biggingerpony

Visit site
I've been to camber a few times on boxing day when she wasen't fit enough to hunt, and it always great fun. Never had any problems with kite surfers, the thing you need to worry about is dogs off the lead, and also little kids. Never bothered ringing the coastguard, we always went early morningish like 8/9. We have been there in summer when its boiling hot at about 7oclock and its fantastic!!

Have fun, I'm very jealous!!!

sarah.jones

New User
Visit site
Hi

Just on a quick research mission. I have been to camber sands without horses and my OH suggested going tomorrow. Is anyone local or experienced in taking horses there to advise on conditions at the moment.

I have the coast guards number as he gave it to us last time to ring and check tide times but am after more specific riding info?

Ie do the kite surfers get in the way? Do I need to go v early to avoid people and can I park disco Nd trailer?

It's a bit of a trek for us so will only bother if likely to get a bit of a blast in and get some pictures with new camera.

Oh and, I have ridden on beaches quite a few times but my silly strong mare has never been. I've just taken her out for a gallop this morning and she"s used to open spaces but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
At last a question I can answer after god knows how long reading the
forums!

You've probably already left now but I'm lucky enough to live in Camber so can advise for future reference.

Kite surfers have their own dedicated spot at the far end of the beach so they won't get in your way. You've got a good couple of miles to use but make sure the tide is out otherwise you only have about 50 metres between the shoreline and the waves. When the tide is out fully it stretches to about 1/2 mile.

tides can be checked http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Camber-Sands/tides/latest.

parking with boxes is allowed in the central car park and shouldn't be a problem in the winter. you maybe expected to pay for two spaces if you use two but again, in the winter nobody is there to enforce these rules.

postcode for your sat nav to the central car park is TN31 7RH. price is up to £5.00 per day off the top of my head.

I'll be popping down later so may manage to get some pictures as kite surfers and horse riders tend to be a favorite of mine. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rye-Camber-Sands/346824791999523

Have fun

Last edited: