Cambridge Uni draghounds

poghag

Visit site
Have moved from my beloved bloodhounding region but this pack hunts near me. Will give them a whirl this season no matter what... is it like bloodhounding with a set number of lines in a day over jumps? Do they have any good hedge country?

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Exactly the same, just different hounds! I went with them earlier this year and it was a fab day out, I used to go with the Farmers Bloodhounds back in the day and found them of a similar speed to that, i.e. fast! You do need to pick your meets round here depends on what you want to jump but they are good at letting you know what sort of day it is going to be.

Jesstickle

Visit site
Yes, exactly like that. There are some hedge meets, Lindsey and Gidding both have decent sized hedges I think. They are on facebook and are usually pretty good at answering questions (although they may have all gone home for the summer by now!). They go a fair clip, much faster than the bloodhounds here do I hear. I haven't been out with the bloodhounds yet though so that is just what I am told by people who do both :)

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I've not bloodhounded round here, both packs (Farmers BH and Cambridge Uni Drag) are into Team Chasing, so I think that is why I was used to the pace. With Farmers I used to just cling on while my lovely old horse jumped the massive hedges, I forgot that was nearly 10 years ago when I went with the Cambridge Uni Drag and had my first hunting fall ever, go too fast in a decent fence with a drop (I was totally out of control), everyone was lovely and I finished the day and jumped once I had got my composure back.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I have had a few days with them that were absolutely brilliant. Great Giddings is a fab day as is Withcote and I think Knights Farm over in the Fernie country.

Have always had an absolute ball when I've gone out with them.