Cambridgeshire/Suffolk people

Guinness

Visit site
I am moving my horse down on friday, just wondering how bad the roads are in terms of ice/snow as they are still quite bad up here?

Ta
smile.gif

GoingRoundInCircles

Visit site
I am about 7 miles East of Newmarket. As Cougar says main roads are fine, however we are forecast more of the evil white stuff this week so it could all change by Friday as even the main roads around Newmarket got quite bad last month.

I'm afraid the minor roads are more than just patchy ice - the roads in our village are a thick sheet of ice and certainly won't thaw this week
frown.gif

Guinness

Visit site
Bummer. My horse is actually going to Cambridge, its just me going to Newmarket (well about 10 mins away). We are forecast for more up here too so fingers crossed we make it down!

Cash

Visit site
Ooh whereabouts in Cambridge (if you don't mind me asking
blush.gif
)
Roads around south of Newmarket actually seemed ok a couple of days ago when i was last there.

foraday

Visit site
Roads are fine-main ones

the normal 'pass with care' on all the others-no worse than anywhere else tbh

more white stuff forecast but lets hope it passes over and misses us again

Dirtymare

Visit site
Yes, main roads are fine around the Newmarket area. Some of the smaller roads are ok where the sun has been on them.
However, the forecast is for more snow and rain. The temperatures are due to drop to around -6 to -7 some nights this week, so the roads will be like skating rinks.
Do take care when you come down - and welcome to sunny East Anglia.

GoingRoundInCircles

Visit site
The minor roads around Cambridge are much better than those around Newmarket at the moment - less snow fell in Cambridge on Saturday, and the roads are flatter than those to the east of Newmarket so a bit less hazardous when they are sheet ice.

GoingRoundInCircles

Visit site
Hate to tell you this, but East Anglia isn't down South!! Having lived in Lancashire, Wales, Cambs and Suffolk I can't say I've noticed the East being any warmer!!

M_G

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hate to tell you this, but East Anglia isn't down South!! Having lived in Lancashire, Wales, Cambs and Suffolk I can't say I've noticed the East being any warmer!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends where you are moving from.... I moved from the north west coast of scotland and to me it is down south and it is warmer believe it or not