Camera Recomendations??

heidi123

Visit site
Well Im considering getting a new camera! At the moment I have an Olympus U1200 Compact.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082308olystylus1200.asp
Its a fab camera and it does take some brilliant pictures! However since being at badminton this year, I felt I just couldnt get the quality of images I wanted, more than likley my photo taking
laugh.gif
My main problem I felt was the shutter spead is 1/1000 and was constantly battling with timing! Its does take some superb close ups but as for subjects in motion even with that guide selected but still not to good and blur!
smirk.gif

I was thinking of getting a SLR, Dont really want to spend more than £300 Max! Really like the Sony DSLR A200k - http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dss-digital-slr/dslr-a200k
But all thanks to hellsbels she showed me where I can get it for £259
grin.gif
Reading reviews and word of mouth have been told its a really good for entry level
laugh.gif

Do you think it would be a could camera for next step up?
Thankies all
laugh.gif

heidi123

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You already know my answer

yes yes yes

Im taking mine to chatsworth horse trails 2moro, so if you want to see pics it takes wait for my post in PG
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Teee heee!! Well Im suprised your saying yes
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Hehe I will be waiting dont you worry
laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing them
grin.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
I would suggest the Nikon D40. I have the D60 which I love which I bought for £400. (Although the flash has broken which I am not happy with)

bex1984

Visit site
I have recently got a nikon D40 and spent a lot of time looking at the Sony A200 as well. Personally I prefer Nikons, and the D40 is a very good camera for the price. I agree about the sony being quite bulky.

Jessops have some good deals on the D40. If you want to get decent shots at events like badminton you will probably need an extra lens (at least a 55 - 200mm)

I have been really impressed with my D40 so far
smile.gif

My pics from badminton can be found here: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4374600/an/0/page/1#4374600 if you want to see the sort of pics it takes.

Visit site
If you want to shoot good pictures - you need a big lense - the market splits between Canon and Nikon - I started with Nikon but moved to Canon 'cos that was what all the big guys were shooting on!

If you are serious about getting the top quality stuff - then try and find a Canon EOS D60 - made about 2000 ish or later model - you could pick these up cheap now - the lenses are the most difficult but try and find a 400mm lense secondhand,plus ISO speed about 850 - 1200 ( depending on light etc )
then shoot horses jumping in the TV mode - with you do the focusing - down load on the RAW programme and you will be up with the professionals ! Its not easy but you get all of the data plus a pure lense to feed all the data back.

If you wanna cheat - then get a later model but again you will need the big lense but if you stick it onto sports mode - you will get a good photo but less of the data. Then you need to look at really good print production to clean and lift the original shot - but its minimal if the shot is good in the first place.

Think of the lense as an eye - the bigger the eye the better.