camrosa

Alexart

Visit site
I honestly wouldn't waste your money - it's awful stuff, 2 of mine were allergic to it, all it does is provide a moist, bug free, antiseptic environment for a wound to heal - any goop will do the same at a fraction of the price. I use that pink oooze stuff - I think it's from Robinsons?, works in exactly the same way!! And use very diluted baby shampoo to clean a really dirty area, if it's a wound then just salt water then dry and apply goop!!!:D

Javabb94

Visit site
camrosa is excellent stuff!!

my old boy charlie had a large sarcoid on his chest - vets were going to cut it out which would leave a scar,

instead tried camrosa, i applied every day for 3 months and the sarcoid just sort of popped out one day!!

it healed within a few days and not a mark left! not one trace! no scar - no marks - no bald patch - completly normal!!

next time vet was here for injections for shetland mum showed him where the sarcoid had been and he was speechless, gobsmacked how it had simply vanished!!

this was 6 years ago and we have never had any sarcoids return and pony now 22

whisp&willow

Visit site
i'd be interested to hear peoples views on comrosa... i was thinking about using it when willow cut her foot- but heard differing stories... some amazing, some scary! i never bought any in the end- but like i say- would be interested to hear peoples views on it:

unless that hijacks the original thread...?! :confused:

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Sadly, you have to buy the whole Camrosa pack before you can read the information leaflet inside that says DO NOT USE FOR SARCOIDS/GROWTHS/LUMPS. It contains heavy metals and is as toxic as all get out and I'd no more smear it on any of my horses than I would oven cleaner.

Javabb94

Visit site
Box_of_Frogs -

I was told to use it so did!
This was 6 years ago though and it never said anything about not using it on sarcoids
Maybe the formula has changed since then!

haycroft

Visit site
i used it on my dog who got burnt on her bum..i only got the ointment not the whole package which they tried to sell..went through their own website

my dog had a good two inch bald/sore patch and over several months the hair has regrown..not fully and the odd white hair thrown in..i do have pics

shown it to my vet and he said that the hair may have regrown without the oitment..i'l never know..i would like to think it helped

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Read the Camrosa leaflet carefully. It lists the things you allegedly CAN use it for and sarcoids aint on the list. Plus when I bought a complete package about 5 years ago, it clearly said on the leaflet inside not to use it on sarcoids. I threw the whole lot away. Total waste of something over £100. Research it - they were taken to task for denying there was anything toxic in it when there is. Like I said, I wouldn't touch the stuff even with someone else's barge pole.

Toffee44

Visit site
See I love it! Use it on dogs, chickens, horse. With regards to sarcoids I too uses it years ago on a sarcoid like lump alongside sarc ex. Hate to say it but I use it on me sometimes. I read some where that Elizabeth Arden 8hr miracle cream came from camrosa can't find that evidence now :(

Blackwijet

Visit site
We use it on sarcoids and never had any problems, vets have okayed us using it as well. Brilliant stuff, but I'll check the instructions as I have never seen anything saying not to use it on sarcoids!

Blackwijet

Visit site
just checked the camrosa website and it says it can be used on fleshy lumps/growths, which in my view covers sarcoids but I'm not a vet so maybe someone could confirm?
I can honestly say I've never noticed any side effects and if they are promoting it for use on wounds, rashes etc which will be open wounds I can't see why it can't be used on a sarcoid.

Marv99

Visit site
Personally I think its wonderful stuff. However I have friends on the yard who think its a waste of money and it doesn't seem to do anything for them.

I've always brought it direct through the website and I don't think you can buy it from anywhere else.

pennypots

Visit site
My foal, two years ago, had a very unfortunate accident with the electric fencing tape and stripped its chest and front legs of all flesh. Looked like a cooked chicken! However, I applied Camrosa, religiously every day and she completely healed with apsolutely no scaring at all. I have photos of her when it happened and after healing.
The Camrosa was recommended to me at the time, so I couldn't say whether it was the application, or whether she would of healed naturally, however, I was very impressed and she didn't get any infection either. So I would recommend it. I think its the sort of thing to have in the first aid kit, just incase, because if nothing else, it is a barrier from the flies etc. As for sarcoids, well I am slightly more sceptical of its use there. Possibly the "sarcoids" that where treated and disappeared where not truly sarcoids!?

1036Jones

Visit site
See I love it! Use it on dogs, chickens, horse. With regards to sarcoids I too uses it years ago on a sarcoid like lump alongside sarc ex. Hate to say it but I use it on me sometimes. I read some where that Elizabeth Arden 8hr miracle cream came from camrosa can't find that evidence now :(

I think Camrosa is wonderful stuff. A must for the medicine cupboard. Keeps wounds moist for healing and gets rid of scabs brilliantly. I used it on a flat sarcoid on a youngster. It was on the cheek and was 12 months old. I applied camrosa every day for 2 months and the bold patch dissappeared and never returned. I have used it for years

millimoo

Visit site
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole either.... Heard some horror stories about it's composition.
I was also shown a pot of a certain type of Engine Grease next to a pot of Camrosa.... They looked and smelt pretty much identical.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I swear by it. My last mare had severe rainscald scarring when I got her and when I mean severe I mean severe! :( She had 4 large bare patches right under her saddle area, which she had had for a numbre of years.

Tia (a well respected forum member at the time) advised me to try it and I did. The results were amazing although not all the hair grew back as it was too far gone. You will find that any sores or bald patches etc look a lot worse before they look better but stick with it and you will be amazed.

I too heard all the horror stories but I can only report on my own findings.

Spyda

Visit site
I use it. Find it fine and I've a VERY sensitive skinned WBxTB who's allergic to many things. As far as I'm aware you can only purchase it (legitimately!) through their website. I woudn't bother buying the 'whole kit'. Just buy a small tub of the Camrosa ointment and try it for yourself. I've been using it for several years (mainly for mudfever scabs) and have never needed the accompanying Camrosa shampoo or Camrosa ointment remover. Mild Hibiscrub solution works just as well IMO. :)

Incidentally, I've been treating a couple of flat scaley sarcoids with Thuja cream and am now applying Camrosa to the resulting areas to help heal then and encourage hair regrowth. So far, so good.

Last edited:

faith123

Visit site
I used it once ..... mare had an allergic reaction which caused a huge swelling on her stomach (used it on her leg so she must have laid down for it to be in contact with her tummy).. never again!

But we use it on our cob for his "scabby cob leg" and he is fine with it

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Quite a few good replies about it on here.

I've always been scared to use it. My friend is a vet, and said she has treated so many dodgy reactions to it. If you do try it, do a patch test perhaps..

Boxers

Visit site
My daughter's old WB pony used to get a bit itchy in his mane and tail and I used Camrosa on him and it was fab - stopped him itching, and healed up really well.

Pachamama

Visit site
I used Camrosa years and years ago (at least 8!) on a sarcoid and it worked very well. I read the pamphlet with great care and in those days it definitely said it was OK to use on sarcoids. My mare was in foal at the time, and vet said it would be fine but 'probably won't do any good'. I'm a bit freaked out now by previous posts!

luluxiu

New User
Visit site
I get only fly in the ointment is not the whole package, they tried to sell it .. through their website, my dog ​​had a good two inches of bare / pain patch, and within a few months has been re-grow hair. . is not sufficient, and strange white hair thrown in.

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
I was going to use it on my horse can't remember why, I heard it had lead in it so rang them and they confirmed a small amount was in it but was minimal, I decided not to use it

ru-fi-do

Visit site