Can’t find our new home!

BallyJ

Visit site
Myself and my Fiancé cannot find a house! We’ve been looking 18months and missed out early during the search on afew houses. Had an offer accepted on one but have sadly pulled out due to the survey resultsWe’ve sold ours and moved in with my parents making us effectively cash buyers!
Has anyone used a House finding Service?
starting to feel really downtrodden with it all.

BallyJ

Visit site
Minimum 3 bed - prefer 4. Detached, garden and not on a main road - would like a pub nearby.
looking around Lincoln, village location. Max budget £550,000

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Reactions: tda

BallyJ

Visit site
This one you linked is brilliant-https://www.onthemarket.com/details/8424989/

Established income stream, mobile homes, river, paddocks, loose boxes (why is there no picture of those?!) Perfect, IMO, but the OH has something against Lincoln, I do not know why! Apparently windy? His mum used to live there.
We both work nearby otherwise it wouldn’t be our first choice!

[139672]

Visit site
Has anyone done the posting a note through the letterbox trick?
Yes. My husband wanted a house with a double garage and I didn’t want to leave the estate. There were three on our estate and I posted a note. One came back to us about five weeks later and we moved in 14 months ago. We moved five houses down into the next road!

BallyJ

Visit site
Yes. My husband wanted a house with a double garage and I didn’t want to leave the estate. There were three on our estate and I posted a note. One came back to us about five weeks later and we moved in 14 months ago. We moved five houses down into the next road!

really odd question but! How did you know it would be in budget, did you research them first? I understand it’s abit different because you knew the area well! I’m just scared about offending people

[139672]

Visit site
We knew roughly what price it would be and that we could afford it and get a mortgage, even though it needed a new kitchen, bathrooms and few other bits. Luckily my husband is amazing at all DIY, so has saved us a fortune. If you go on Rightmove and scroll down you can search for what a house sold for. I think it’s linked to land registry, so they should be on there, unless they haven’t been sold for years. You can search by street and you get all of the houses, so see what they sold for and compare different styles, sizes, room numbers. Good luck ?

BallyJ

Visit site
We knew roughly what price it would be and that we could afford it and get a mortgage, even though it needed a new kitchen, bathrooms and few other bits. Luckily my husband is amazing at all DIY, so has saved us a fortune. If you go on Rightmove and scroll down you can search for what a house sold for. I think it’s linked to land registry, so they should be on there, unless they haven’t been sold for years. You can search by street and you get all of the houses, so see what they sold for and compare different styles, sizes, room numbers. Good luck ?

perfect! I thought that was the case, guess what I’ll be spending my Sunday doing ??

Hexx

Visit site
I live in Lincolnshire - its not that windy! But, if you live on the Fens, yes it can be very windy as its extremely flat - also, there's not many amenities around as the villages are few. You would be better looking in the Wolds or North of Lincoln if you want less wind (I live about 12 miles north of Lincoln in one of the Springline villages).

Branston is nice, but quite close to Waddington, so if you don't mind the planes, its fine. Bardney is not too busy - a main road in Lincolnshire is like a C road somewhere else!

There's some new houses being built in Scampton, Scothern and also in Sudbrooke for around that price - nice detached houses on big plots.

BallyJ

Visit site
I live in Lincolnshire - its not that windy! But, if you live on the Fens, yes it can be very windy as its extremely flat - also, there's not many amenities around as the villages are few. You would be better looking in the Wolds or North of Lincoln if you want less wind (I live about 12 miles north of Lincoln in one of the Springline villages).

Branston is nice, but quite close to Waddington, so if you don't mind the planes, its fine. Bardney is not too busy - a main road in Lincolnshire is like a C road somewhere else!

There's some new houses being built in Scampton, Scothern and also in Sudbrooke for around that price - nice detached houses on big plots.

Thank you HEXX!

Just seen one in Scampton that we're very keen on! so we've booked Friday off and we're doing a viewing day :)

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I feel your pain OP! We’ve been looking for a while now and genuinely were beginning to think we’d never find somewhere. We’ve finally found somewhere that ticks all the boxes and had an offer accepted but now the seller needs to find somewhere and who only knows what the chain will be like that end. We were desperately trying to link the sales but that’s looking unlikely now as our buyers are super keen to move in ASAP. I’m hoping it’ll all be worth it in the end.

Good luck with Friday’s viewing!

BallyJ

Visit site
I feel your pain OP! We’ve been looking for a while now and genuinely were beginning to think we’d never find somewhere. We’ve finally found somewhere that ticks all the boxes and had an offer accepted but now the seller needs to find somewhere and who only knows what the chain will be like that end. We were desperately trying to link the sales but that’s looking unlikely now as our buyers are super keen to move in ASAP. I’m hoping it’ll all be worth it in the end.

Good luck with Friday’s viewing!

We managed to get to the survey on one but sadly the results weren't great! Fingers crossed for you!

Will let you know how Friday goes :)

Muddywellies

Visit site
The stamp duty holiday has caused the market to go bonkers. That and city folk wanting to get out to the countryside due to covid. We too are looking and am finding we have been priced out of the market atm so we're just having to sit tight and hope the wait will be worth it.

Hexx

Visit site
Home of the Red Arrows! You will get used to them buzzing over your house on practice days! I live in a village on the other end of that road - up towards Caenby Corner.

Do you need livery? We may have a space at our yard in Ingham (about 10 mins from Scampton).

BallyJ

Visit site
Home of the Red Arrows! You will get used to them buzzing over your house on practice days! I live in a village on the other end of that road - up towards Caenby Corner.

Do you need livery? We may have a space at our yard in Ingham (about 10 mins from Scampton).

I Work nearby and they use our fields to practice over, so used to the red arrows being over! Will be a shame when they move to Waddington though. No Livery required yet! Sold the horses a couple of years ago to get a leg up on the housing market! Wedding and house to sort then will be in the market for one :)