can a horse have colic and still poo

windand rain

Visit site
Old boy is a bit off today not eating a lot and seems a bit down yesterday he was his usual pain in the neck cheeky self today he is standing about and picking at his food he still has a squity bum in fact he is passing just watery poos owner is planning on getting the vet in the morning but if its colic I reckon he should be seen sooner its just not typical colic

scats

Visit site
Yes.
Completely depends on what is causing the colic. I had one with a cecal impaction- appeared to poo normally for a week, the cecum was impacting little by little over the week- horse showed on off colic symptoms, still ate and drank as normal and passing droppings.

Equi

Visit site
Unfortunately yes. Pony at the yard was a bit off, YO asked my opinion as i happened to arrive just as they went into his stable, we both agreed to call vet immediately then owner. Pony in the mean time had pooed a normal poo but was still off and sweated up and eventually went down. He had a twisted gut.

irishdraft

Visit site
One of my horses went off his food & was very lethargic I also though impacted colic but he was passing very few droppings say 6 in 24 hours. Anyway turned out he had a virus although he hadn't been out of the field for over a week and none of the others were effected so a bit of a mystery took 3 weeks for him to get back yo normal.

windand rain

Visit site
He looks ok in himself not sweating not kicking or rolling just off his food and not his self a bit too quiet. He was wormed in December with Equest so dont think thats his trouble but has been getting profressively more squity as the grass has come through. He was a pain yesterday leaning on the fence to get the long grass so maybe its just that

Michen

Visit site
Yes. My horse coliced. Got better overnight, did big poo in morning then 5mins later was down again.

windand rain

Visit site
His owner says its normal for him so he is much brighter today though hasnt pooed today since 10am but I guess he is pretty empty and his medication may be helping. He is off the grass and picking at hay eaten a couple of small feeds and half a dozen or so carrots.
small feeds have literally been a single handful each of soaked pink mash and linseed. He is ancient he is around 28-30 years old but is bright and interested today he was miserable yesterday