can anybody recommend a bib?!

Blitzen

Visit site
I have an Aeroborn lycra shoulder vest, it was only £17 and does the job. My 16.1hh 3 year old has quite narrow shoulders, and whatever rug he wears tends to rub the hair off. I got him a full size, as he's fairly tall and has a deep girth but his shoulders are still catching up with the rest of him! x

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
A very shiny, slippy material. The website says 'a silky breathable fabric'. I've tried many different makes over the years and yes, these are expensive for a bib, but they really are the best and they last for years.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Bossy Bibs . . . I asked this same question earlier this year . . . Kal's coat rubs really easily and I wasn't finding anything that worked. We had tried everything . . . and I had bought some really expensive bibs/vests. Based on recommendations from folks on here I bought him a Bossy Bib and it really, really does work (and, no, I don't work for the company ;)).

Another thing that has worked is rubbing surgical spirit into his bald patches . . . it does help toughen up the skin.

Good luck!

P

Spyda

Visit site
Another vote for Bossy's Bibs.

In the 'olden days' they used to sponge salt water or surgical spirit on to help 'toughen' the skin but this was normally to prevent tack, saddle and girth sores from forming in young or new riding school horses who's tack wasn't always as well fitting as it should have been. :rolleyes: Not sure using either would stop hair from being physically rubbed away from chaffing, though. I'd recommend a satin feel bib.

whizzer

Visit site
I've tried most types & Bossy's are def the best, however I got one off eBay recently that's as good as Bossy's & much cheaper. Think it's called a Comfy cape or something like that.