Can anyone help me with my assignment on Laminitis?

Hanz

Visit site
Have an assignment to do on Laminitis and just wondering if you can give me any help or reccommend any sites which will help me, I find the actual subject easy but not so clued up on the things I have to refer to:

Describe the possible causes, symptoms and treatments for the different types of laminitis, CLEARLY RELATING TO THE STRUCTURE OF THE CIRCULATORY AND MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEMS THROUGHOUT.

Anything which will give me a better idea of what I should be talking about re the circulatory and musculoskeletal structure would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

H
laugh.gif

Maisy

Visit site
one of the feed companies did a leaflet in very 'easy to understand' terms that I read once. IIRC they also had some very interesting ideas about why some ponies are prone and some arent......something about how many mouthfuls they take in one spot before walking forward or something.....??!!

.......sorry......cant remember which one it was though
frown.gif

Hanz

Visit site
Thanks thats a great help, thank the lord my friend has just signed on facebook...he is training to be a farrier :p

Tia

Visit site
When our pony had laminitis I found a fantastic site which actually had motion internal pictures of what was going on - it was absolutely wonderful and a real help for me to fully understand the condition and understand why things happened and why certain things we do can have such a positive impact on the structure of the horse. It was also one of the reasons why I dealt with my pony's laminitis in a slightly different manner to some people - I do believe it was one of the very positive things to find as she recovered so quickly and I'm sure it was down to actually seeing what was going on internally, and not just listening to the old thoughts bandied around so much.

Unfortunately I have just looked in my Favourites and I must have deleted it. Sorry.
crazy.gif

Tia

Visit site
I'm not sure if this site will help you; I searched and searched for the other site but wasn't able to find it - such a shame as it was really really interesting. Anyhow this site is talking about cows, however there seems to have been a huge amount of research done in Alberta regarding cows and laminitis and the piece is very informative about all the particular things you were asking about; muscoskeletal, blood circulation, endocrine etc. so may be of use to you. You have to scroll down to read the about the research done on laminitis.

http://www.wcds.afns.ualberta.ca/Proceedings/1996/wcd96049.htm

Hope this helps and good luck with your piece.
smile.gif