Can anyone help with this bump/lump

Honestly

Visit site
Hi

10 days ago I found a huge lump on my mares chest, I mean huge I could not get it in both hands cupped. I considered it may be a black thorn prick or that she had ran into a stake. I ran the vet who said...hmm just hose it for 30 minutes twice a day, which I did and it slow went down. Loose skin was left around the area and a hard ball to one side within, about the size of or slightly smaller than a golf ball. So I stopped worrying.

I have just come from my yard only to find the lump is back up, twice the original size and tracking back under her belly passing the girth line.

I have rang the vet (answerphone) waiting for him to get bac to me. Does anyone know what this could be or has anyone seen anything similar.

Thanks

Parker79

Visit site
Bite of some sort? hope the vet can get to you soon, let us know how you get on.

Mine had a lump on his hip, we thought he had fallen but turned out to be a bite.

Honestly

Visit site
Bite of some sort? hope the vet can get to you soon, let us know how you get on.

Mine had a lump on his hip, we thought he had fallen but turned out to be a bite.

Well yes Parker, at first we thought it was a bite, although there was quite a bit ofheat, we felt better when the vet thought there was no need to visit, just to hose twicw a day for 30 mins. It did go down, then tonight for no apparent reason it just blew up again and twice as bad, as now it is tracking backwards under her tummy, a huge raised line. There is much heat there also. No word fromvet as yet.

I am hosing. Just so odd! If it is a bite there must be a lot of poison in there to cause such swelling.

be positive

Visit site
It sounds like a haematoma, they sometimes go down then flare up again, keep hosing and get the vet out as it may be infected needing antibiotics and anti inflammatory treatment.

Honestly

Visit site
It sounds like a haematoma, they sometimes go down then flare up again, keep hosing and get the vet out as it may be infected needing antibiotics and anti inflammatory treatment.

Be Positive. Given your response I did some research and I think you are spot on! I am posting this link to help others, who may be unaware...but only look if your okay with dripping blood.
Thanks Be Posistive, I feel a little better now. Just spoke with vet he said to see how it was in the morning, he agrees with you ..a hematoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKxNSBabIk