Can anyone offer a home to these horses URGENTLY

shaunie

Visit site
These horses are currently being held at a fattening farm - more details can be found via the undernoted links or by clicking on the link to the main web site which is -

http://www.equinesection.com

OR

Try these links

http://www.equinesectionforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=158

http://www.equinesectionforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154

There's always one isn't there .......No, this is not a scam and I have every right to draw this to the attention of others as this site caters for all and not just the so called high and mighty who think they know it all! Its newsworthy and I am sure of interest to many

Stacie_and_Jed

Visit site
confused.gif

Im lost

JM07

Visit site
Not this again........**yawn**

i'll tell you what...there's a feild of cow's down the road from me...at a "fattening farm"......

you want to "rescue" them too???

i see no difference...

joeanne

Visit site
Agree JM.
You want to rescue a pony/horse? Then go to one of the MANY uk rescue centres, that are currently splitting at the seams thanks to the current economical climate.
Why on earth would you want to make things worse by importing (at huge cost i might add!) more that people cant really afford to keep, but buy because they feel sorry for them!

ISHmad

Visit site
I try to avoid these threads as a rule but I agree with Joeanne. There are umpteen horses and ponies who need rescuing in THIS country, especially with the credit crunch. A horse saved is a horse saved I appreciate BUT surely we should be looking on our own doorstep first?

NeilM

Visit site
I am SO GLAD to find out I am not the only one who thinks like this.

All of these 'rescue or meat' cases are very sad, but given the current numbers of horses over here, and the prices currently being seen at sales, it makes no sense at all to import yet more problem horses.

Gonetofrance

Visit site
We're in France, a number of sites do this back to the UK, we have serious concerns. Great that some have gone ok but we also know many that haven't (leading to vet bills, euthanasia, animals in pain, owners in debt etc.) Unfortunately, these stories are not heard as only positive testimonials are allowed on the sites. Also using dodgy transporters / lack of paperwork to keep costs down

We would never recommend that anyone buys unseen off the internet from any country particularly France where there is now a second rate dealing network being developed on the back of well-intentioned buyers

Taffster

Visit site
Maybe we are more compassionate because in this country we do not eat horse meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is certainly no reason to take the attitude of "yawn" I personally don't know why you mustered up the energy to even comment on the thread!
I bet if the horses had of been free and on your doorstep you wouldn't be taking the same attitude, or maybe some of the horses are those that are stolen and sold on for meat if this was one of yours - again would you have the same attitude? Doubtful eh!

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
....so you offer them 3x what they are worth to the meat man????
Hmmmm I wonder if the 'meatman' will stop buying these cheap ponies and 'offering' them at an inflated price to emotional brits???
Sorry to be cynical but if people keep paying over the odds for these animals its going to create a whole new market.

Taffster

Visit site
Not at all the reply said maybe we are more compassionate because we dont eat horse meat, the relevance is that as we are not horse meat eaters we would in general be more compassionate!
That also works in cows pigs sheep and flaming turkeys, just look at the animal rights activists and the trouble they go through to put their point across! Of course its relevant

Faithkat

Visit site
I'm not sure that a pony being sold for 600 Euros exactly constitutes a "fattening farm". Like others have said, there are plenty of genuine rescue centres in this country (charity begins at home, remember). The lack of contact info for this site makes me very suspicious too - just a hotmail address . . . hmmmm . . . .

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe we are more compassionate because in this country we do not eat horse meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is certainly no reason to take the attitude of "yawn" I personally don't know why you mustered up the energy to even comment on the thread!
I bet if the horses had of been free and on your doorstep you wouldn't be taking the same attitude, or maybe some of the horses are those that are stolen and sold on for meat if this was one of yours - again would you have the same attitude? Doubtful eh!

[/ QUOTE ]

as i have recently eaten horsemeat, i feel i can objectively comment.

as one who has taken "unwanted" animals to slaughter, i feel i can comment...

if they were free, of course i'd take them...straight to the Abbatoir....as just looking at the majority on those websites, thats EXACTLY where they should be!..so yes i feel i can comment...AND yawn...

and as they are not stolen...your comment is irrelevant.

M_G

Visit site
Go to any sale at the minute in the UK and you can pick something up practically for free and it would cost a damb site less than these scammers

Silverspring

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
just look at the animal rights activists and the trouble they go through to put their point across! Of course its relevant

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is the animal right activist most certainly do NOT buy the animals from the people the farm them. Anyone with a ounce of brains would understand that by BUYING from these people you are encouraging them to continue to farm horses.

I am not against eating horse meat, the animal is sold based on it's weight so it's worth the farmers while to keep them in good condition. I am against live export though and the risk is that when horse's in the UK in need of homes are not 'rescued' they end up on one of those lorries
frown.gif

Buy British I say!

siennamum

Visit site
I just rode past one of the big equine rescue centres in our neck of the woods and the fields are absolutely crammed, there must have been 30 ponies in a 7 acre field at one point. Never seen them so busy and can't imagine where they will find the funds to feed them all.
Think there needs to be less of an obsession with keeping all these animals alive, and at such expense. We have a very strange morality about some of these issues.
As much as I love horses and like to see happy animals rescued and in their retirement, I think many of these unwanted and 'useless' animals would be better off dead. you could argue that whilst there are people starving to death they would be better off dead and on a plate.

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What about my cat? She's being fattened up for christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]

hope it's a fairly big one...or you have a small family, they look like Rabbits when skinned
tongue.gif

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Sorry I agree with the majority there are enough genuine rescue cases here in the UK. We'll see lots more cases too as every man and his dog have been breeding horses over the last couple of years due to prices being much higher, until now. Unfortunately on the continent horses are seen as agricultural animals bred for meat similar to our raising of pigs, cattle sheep etc. There's no sentiment in it over there. Don't like to think of any animal suffering but don't think "rescuing" horses from meat farms helps. ps Ate horsemeat ( well a mouthful) whilst on holiday in France some years ago was like chewy beef. Would never eat my own of course as they are part of the family. AND there the difference lies....

SilverSkye

Visit site
Not read all the replies but my opinion....... If people keep 'rescuing' these horses by paying way more for them than the meat man will, more and more horses are going to be live transported in the hope they will be 'rescued'. It is supply and demand.
My take on the eating horse meat arguement is the same as my take on eating any meat, i only buy local farm assured meat that i can be sure how it was raised from my local butcher or farm shop, i cant see how eating horse from my local butcher would be any different from eating lamb, beef or pork.

Taffster

Visit site
And the people showing compassion and feeling for these poor creatures are hardly gonna rush over the english channel and bring a load back!
Thats not to say that it cant be brought to our attention and for us to give a "poor pony" comment!
And as for the stolen comment, this does happen! And we cant be certain of the history behind any of these charity cases.
Another eg I had a tb which was a happy hacker, several people tried telling me to send him to the sales - yeah so dodgy dealers can buy him and send him for meat - probably live as its more valuable. Is that what he deserved???