Can anyone recommend a 100g turnout rug?

Blizzard

Visit site
Im looking for a 100g rug for a cheapish price.

Ive only got either lightweight with no fill, or medium weight 200g, and I need something inbetween the too.

There seem to be plenty of stable rugs around in this weight, but not turnout rugs.

Also they must do big sizes, I need a 7ft.

Thank you!
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I hate Shires rugs with a passion, so I have a Fal Bulldog 40g which does the trick. If I wanted a 100g I would have gone for the new Rambo California (it's on the Robinsons website). Obviously these are more expensive than the Shires though, but I wouldn't put a Shires on my horse as I have never found a horse that these rugs fitted so won't touch them now. The Rambo Duo outer rug is also 100g.

Blizzard

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I forgot to add he needs quite a deep rug too, Masta and Rambo fit him well but I cant afford to pay out for another Rambo

Pidge

Visit site
Rambo Duo is 100g, I know its expensive but it fits very well and is generous in its size. Expensive I know but I use it in the stable and outside as its breathable so have saved on stable rugs. Sold most of my stable rugs and just kept 2 lightweight and a mediumweight stable and layered with my outdoor rugs.

merlinsquest

Visit site
The Fal is good, but cant remember the model name!!!! Its the horrid green colour one, nice and deep, roomy etc and after its third winter is still waterproof, despite my home attempts to clean it!!!

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
I've just bought a GFS lightweight turnout - think it's 100g. Fabulous fit, really thoughtful extras (elastic straps, multiple choices for chest fasteners etc etc), stunning colours. Would recommend to everyone.

evsj

Visit site
I have a Bucas which has lasted my girl for six winters, only the lining has needed patching. They are quite expensive but mine was a second so I think I got it for about 35 quid, mind you that was six years ago!

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Rambo Duo is 100g, I know its expensive but it fits very well and is generous in its size. Expensive I know but I use it in the stable and outside as its breathable so have saved on stable rugs. Sold most of my stable rugs and just kept 2 lightweight and a mediumweight stable and layered with my outdoor rugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL sue I have about 6 stable rugs, and he doesnt even live in, 4 coolers and lots of turnout rugs, hence me budgeting myself!

Ive just seen a 100g in Robinsons for £37 so going to go for that, thanks aeveryone!

Pidge

Visit site
well forgot to mention that he has like at least 10 outdoor rugs, numerous sheets and 2 thermatex rugs one for summer and one for winter - he is NOT spoilt and I do not have a rug addiction
wink.gif
grin.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well forgot to mention that he has like at least 10 outdoor rugs, numerous sheets and 2 thermatex rugs one for summer and one for winter - he is NOT spoilt and I do not have a rug addiction
wink.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Sue!
grin.gif