Can anyone recommend a good joint supplement

olderthanshelooks

Visit site
The title says it all really. I have an 18 year old Welsh Cob who hunts 3 out of 4 days over a 2 week period in the winter. Gave her a holiday at the end of last season then when I brought her back into work she wasn't quite right. Vet gave her a blood test and it came back with `raised muscle enzymes' vet recommended feeding a supplement with high levels of Vitamin E and selenium in.

I have had her on Codlivine Supple Joint Supplement since last July, on the maxium does of 3 scoops a day during hunting season now back to just 1 a day now that she is just being a happy hacker until the autumn.

Anyway I think I need to change the supplement as I don't think it is really having much benefit unless she is on the maximum dosage and reading other joint supplements it is a much smaller daily requirent than the Codlivine.

So sorry to waffle on but can anyone recommend a good joint supplement for the older horse (not really sure if I need 1 with the Vit E and Selenium or not but sure there is someone out there that can tell me either way)

Thanks in advance

Ali2

Visit site
YOu could opt to feed vitamin E and selenium as 'straight' supplements? You can get powdered vit E and Selenium yeast at forageplus.co.uk