Can anyone recommend a good sales livery in south east?

fruity

Visit site
I have one of my horses out on loan,it was supposed to be a short trial with a view to buy but the people couldn't afford to buy her at the time and i was happy for them to loan her as they were a good family and competed to a good standard (know them through a friend) anyway they still arn't in a position to buy and i would really like to sell her and get a less energetic and non 'competition' like horse,she is one that can't have too much time off and needs regular riding,with my job being busier than ever that isn't always possible so looking to maybe slightly down grade! She is now way too good for me and would go to waste. Would like to find a reputable sj/event type yard where they sell for you (can't bare her coming home as she'd never be sold then) She is a pc eventer currently and has done pretty much a bit of everything. Any places in the south east? I am looking for a yard that don't mess around (heart breaking sale and home upmost importance) and have decent riders. Many Thanks in advance.

galaxy

Visit site
give Vik Hibberd a call. She is based near Southampton. She does a very reasonable sales livery. I had a horse there and she did a good job. She advertises on nfed.

jasper14

New User
Visit site
LX Equestrian just North of Newbury in Berkshire offer very good rates and have a very good reputation for selling. They recently sold a young event horse for a friend of mine and she was very happy with the service she received. They have a website I think, can find details if you can't find on google!
Hope that helps!:)

Winklepoker

Visit site
Is this really want you want for the horse? It wouldnt be a choice that I would entertain. I havent met a dealer that isnt crooked in some way, sure you could get someone to take her in to sell without having to go to a dealer. A dealer is labelled that because it is thier business/financial income - do you think their main priority will be the home???

GinaGem

Visit site
Could you not keep her on loan with the current people and get another horse on loan for yourself? Presume you are selling to afford another but might be wrong? :)

TarrSteps

Visit site
I think there is a world of difference between a dealer, with a random bunch of horses coming through, and an agent/yard that sells competition horses! Very unfair to say people who sell horses professionally are all uncaring crooks. Many top horses change hands through professionals and there are a couple of people on this very board who run commercial operations and clearly leave happy clients in their wake. ;)

Re finding someone, I don't really have a suggestion but have you asked your trainer, people you've done clinics with etc? They would know your horse and might be able to advise you about which yards might work best for you.

Have you spoken to the people who have her now about them possibly helping you sell her for a cut? I know that's a fraught proposition but they clearly like the horse so perhaps they would be willing to help her find a good permanent home? If you do that, though, put a strict time limit on the agreement.