Can anyone recommend me a hat for jumping?

oofadoofa

www.mearecourtequestrian.co.uk
Having a slight hat crisis at the moment! I have a Charles Owen Showjumper XP which I love the look of and is really comfy. However, it tends to tip forward when I am jumping. I think it is because it is quite deep and gets pushed forwards. Can anyone recommend a nice hat I can try which is lower profile so doesn't do this? I'd quite like another velvet one if poss, as not so keen on the look of the GPAs, etc. Thank you!
grin.gif

metalmare

Visit site
Did you have it professionally fitted?

If you go back to the shop, if they offer a decent service, they should be only too happy to recheck the fit for you and add some extra padding either in the brow on in the back to see if that helps. The padding doesn't alter the standard of the hat, it just customises it. It's a really nice hat the xp - I'd like one.

hellspells

Visit site
John Whitaker do a lower profile velvet hat. But is it one of the new Charles Owen? I think the newer ones aren't as deep as the older style.

metalmare

Visit site
Does it do it on landing? The impact probably jars your spine, up to your neck, causing a jolt.

I don't wish to scare you but if you take a nasty fall and your hat tips forward onto the bridge of your nose (it happens) it can break your nose or worse.

Always worth trying padding though before splashing out another £100.

oofadoofa

www.mearecourtequestrian.co.uk
Yes, it is one of the newer ones, I have had one previously which was the older style and this one is definitely lower profile. Had to replace my old one last year as I hit a tree in it (long story!). Yes, it definitely does it on the landing. I will see what my saddlers can come up with in the way of padding because I do love my hat!