Can anyone recommend me a "low end" horse dealer?

wench

Visit site
Wondering if anyone can help me. I'd like to find someone trust worthy who deals in the lower end of the horse market. Preferably one that will take horses in part exchange.

wench

Visit site
I spend time in both north lincs and Warrington but anyone suitable anywhere in the county would be fine.

wench

Visit site
Pony hasn't done anything, just not the right one for me, and I want to get back to enjoying my riding. Pony is worth peanuts, and I've had dreadful experiences of selling cheap horses before, and do not wish to go down that route again.

If a dealer will pay me just peanuts for my horse, or will take my horse and some cash for something that's more suitable for me that would be ideal

wench

Visit site
And what would be better suited for me is one that is fairly quiet. Any age shape or size would do. Green is fine I can deal with that!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Looking slightly 'outside the box' - be careful dealing with 'low end' dealers. They are very likely to take a 'problem' animal in part exchange, but they will also be passing on these 'problem' animals to the next purchaser. You could easily be swapping like for like at some establishments.

You may be better selling your unsuitable horse via Brightwells or similar, unwarranted and then commencing the search for another, more suitable, horse.

ihatework

Visit site
I might get hung for saying this but for the horses sake I'd drive it to potters and take the meat cash rather than px it to an uncertain fate with a bin end dealer

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Cobs n plods in Warrington have a reasonable rep, as long as u know what you're doing but then that's always true with buying horses. Not sure if they do part x though.

wench

Visit site
Stupid phone not working properly! Pony is not a "problem" as such, she's just not right for me, I'm not going into the nitty gritty on here though. However that is why I have asked for someone that has a half decent reputation. The person I would normally go to is not dealing currently; hence why I want to find someone like them.

wench

Visit site
Hi thanks for that I've had a look at their website, and that's the type of dealer I'm after

Baileybones

Visit site
I'm really sorry but personally I think you should spend some money and advertise her even if that means it's warts and all and you ultimately end up gifting her. Mine was free with huge issues but there are responsible people out there.
Failing that I honestly do think it is your responsibility to pts.
You took her on and whatever the issues she does not deserve to be Palmed off on some dealer. Whilst a low end dealer might offer you a quick fix in your heart of hearts you surely know that the best of buyers avoid these dealers like the plague.

In no way am I referring to the dealers mentioned in earlier posts - I know nothing about them!

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'll disagree with my opinion but I have a mare with issues. She is with me for life but if things change and I'm no longer here instructions have been put in place for her to be pts.

Good luck with whatever you decide and I'm sorry if this sounds harsh. I just hope you don't make a decision you'll live to regret.

burge

Visit site
I'm really sorry but personally I think you should spend some money and advertise her even if that means it's warts and all and you ultimately end up gifting her. Mine was free with huge issues but there are responsible people out there.
You took her on and whatever the issues she does not deserve to be Palmed off on some dealer. Whilst a low end dealer might offer you a quick fix in your heart of hearts you surely know that the best of buyers avoid these dealers like the plague.

In no way am I referring to the dealers mentioned in earlier posts - I know nothing about them!

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'll disagree with my opinion but I have a mare with issues. She is with me for life but if things change and I'm no longer here instructions have been put in place for her to be pts.

Good luck with whatever you decide and I'm sorry if this sounds harsh. I just hope you don't make a decision you'll live to regret.

Agree Baileybones! Wench - your posts and the language you use make you sound very unfeeling. Hope this is not the case and just the way you are coming across. If you are an unfeeling person you may never find the right horse as they are or become a reflection of ourselves. You are possibly putting a brave front on a situation when really you are crying inside and if so I apologise but for ponys sake PTS is only way to guarantee the future for him.

Big Ben

Visit site
A good honest dealer will see you right, such a shame that the bad ones taint the good. Many years ago after being stung buying my first horse privately, i used a dealer, he found a horse, exchanged it when it didn't work out, for a fantastic cob. The mare I started with, well they rode her a while, then found her a new person, and she did great

wench

Visit site
It's not unfeeling... But I've got to the stage where I have realised its not the right horse for me.

Baileybones

Visit site
It's not unfeeling... But I've got to the stage where I have realised its not the right horse for me.

I do understand this but some years ago I got a tb gelding thinking I was just as good as I was at 18. I wasn't and he was sharp and he dropped me as many times as I stayed on! Not the horse for me but my responsibility none the less.
I resolved his feet, teeth, back issues etc and then put the feelers out for a new home for him. He's now team chasing with a teenager who thinks the world of him. I made a loss but my conscience is at least clear and I knew I'd done the best by him.

I'm sure you're not unfeeling but not the horses fault you haven't clicked whatever the reason is.

sophspot

Visit site
What a sad sad post ! I fully understand that your pony no longer "suits" you but for the sake of your ponys well being rather then find a "half decent low end dealer" why not put a little time and effort in for your ponys sake and find the correct home. Try advertising completely honestly and see who you get responding also there is project horses website & homes 4 horse's website try local Facebook sites and gumtree. Weed out the time wasters & oddballs and you never know who you will find. But please you took on a living breathing animal who didn't ask to be bred & unwanted take responsibility and to your upmost best for your pony- I'm aware I don't know the ins and outs and I'm sure you're a lovel person who just needs a little help. Don't let him/her be another poor pony passed around to possibly another owner who isn't suited. You will sleep much better at night.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Various dealers advertise in horse and hound in a we buy any horses type way so that's worth a look .
I would definatly sell yours then look and not part exchange if you can possibly do that.

Lolo

Visit site
I think people are grabbing the round end of the stick here... I read this is low end as in horses aimed at the lower level RC type market, not some scumbag who sells lame horses on bute to idiots.

Unless the horse is a total lost cause, I'd be tempted to advertise privately for a while though as I think you'll make a real loss going to a dealer.

wench

Visit site
I think people are grabbing the round end of the stick here... I read this is low end as in horses aimed at the lower level RC type market, not some scumbag who sells lame horses on bute to idiots.

Unless the horse is a total lost cause, I'd be tempted to advertise privately for a while though as I think you'll make a real loss going to a dealer.

Lolo has hit the nail on the head... I don't want a scum bag dealer, just someone who deals in the lower end of the market. I love my pony to bits, but believe me when I say I've done everything I can for her myself. She's had everything checked, and is basically ready to go with the right person.

She's not a lost cause at all, but she's too much for me. As my original post, I will not try and sell her privately as I cannot deal with that kind of stress again. Also with a dealer type they will have their links and always know someone else that's looking for that type of horse

maree t

Visit site
Have you looked into sales livery ? I have heard of a few people local to me that are doing this part time so not charging a lot but they seem to be doing quite well. Hope you can get sorted and find a solution

showpony

Visit site
Have to agree with Baileybones!

Seems as if you just want rid & wont go into why... sounds pretty heartless tbh to me.

If the horse is only worth " Peanuts " there is a reason - is there a massive behaviour problem????

Could you not advertise the horse as a project if issues?

SadKen

Visit site
I can really understand this. I dont think op is heartless at all. i think you reach a point where you know it's not working and you'll have to let go. It's the end of all your hopes and dreams, and the acceptance that you're not the rider you used to be and thought you still were. You can do your level best but still be left with a horse you can't ride, for a variety of reasons. You're paying hundreds of pounds a month to stare failure in the face. This is what it feels like for me anyway, don't want to put words in the op's mouth! Maybe try a project horses ad for a low price for the summer, and approach a dealer if it doesn't work. Then you can always say you tried. Good luck.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I don't see the problem with placing a pony with an appropriate dealer who matches buyers and mounts well tbh particularly if pony is well and ready to go??. Hope you are able to go back to enjoying your riding again soon wench :).