Can anyone recommend me a "low end" horse dealer?

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
Sounds like our pretty fed up OP and I feel for you :( I have seen a group on fb calle CNG equine and they tend to deal with horses at reasonably well prices, why don't you look them up? And they only seem to put them with people that will suit the horse. Worth a luck :) good luck and cheer up. Xx

_GG_

Visit site
OP, I really do feel for you. I wholeheartedly agree with people talking about responsibility for your horse. Mine will be PTS if anything happens to me and the 5 different homes I have lined up for them all fall through as I just can't stand the thought of Fly ending up in the wrong hands. Molly will be sold one day anyway but she will be a competition horse. If she doesn't make it, she too will be mine forever.

that said, there is nothing wrong with good, honest dealers...they often pay the price for the scum dealers out there, but there are good people around. I would however look at the avenue of sales livery. Really get the horse worked and any issues ironed out. Might then not be peanuts, potential for a much better future and you may have more in your pocket to spend on a new one.

Floxie

Visit site
Lolo has hit the nail on the head... I don't want a scum bag dealer, just someone who deals in the lower end of the market. I love my pony to bits, but believe me when I say I've done everything I can for her myself. She's had everything checked, and is basically ready to go with the right person.

She's not a lost cause at all, but she's too much for me. As my original post, I will not try and sell her privately as I cannot deal with that kind of stress again. Also with a dealer type they will have their links and always know someone else that's looking for that type of horse

Have to agree with Baileybones!

Seems as if you just want rid & wont go into why... sounds pretty heartless tbh to me.

Have you read anything the OP has said, showpony?

I can very much understand not wanting to go through private sales for (any, but particularly) a lower-price pony - we hear enough horror stories, and wench already said they'd previously had bad experiences doing that. Not only that, a good dealer who can not only match your horse up with the right owner, but who can find the right new pony for you, will take out a lot of the guesswork and heartache of horse shopping. I was lucky to find my perfect boy through a private sale, but I was more than prepared to go the dealer route if I needed to. A good dealer should be able to match you right up, and if they get it wrong, keep trying until they get it right. So I do not see why trying to source a good dealer could in any way be heartless, unless you're just having a knee-jerk reaction and not bothering to read what people say or actually think it through...

Pigeon

Visit site
I agree, found this thread depressing!

People should take more responsibility for their animals, but I can't see it happening any time soon with horses :(

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
As I see it a the dealer could present the horse at its best and find a suitable buyer something that Wench cannot do presumably?

Having a horse that you just don't get on with is pretty stressful when you think how much time and money it takes to keep any horse. I will not put up with a horse that doesn't suit my needs any more. Life is too short and my life is as precious as that of a horse. Having said that I feel a huge responsibility to any horse / animal that I have and making the decision to move on a horse even though I only had it for a short time made me feel quite ill.

I've done a direct swap at a dealers - bought one horse from one dealer, rode twice, 5 stage vet etc. found that it was too much for me when I got it home as in it was the type to challenge everything and I just don't want such a high-maintenance character. Not low-end particularly as first horse cost quite a lot and was talented, not bad but just had a really bolshy character which with the right rider was absolutely fine. After 2 months I knew it would not work and did a direct swap at a different dealers for my boy, I didn't even get a vetting as got him home on trial and knew I could never send him back now had 8 fantastic years with him (not without a few probs after all he is a horse). Theoretically I probably lost money but I gained a horse for life. :)

Good luck with finding a new horse Wench.

pip6

Visit site
Not all dealers are devils & many don't deal in 'high-end' horses. That is not to say they are lesser dealers, but just focus on the genral market rather than the very expensive competition market. We don't all want to ride grand-prix dressage horses after all.

If it means the pony is placed somewhere with a person more likely to find the correct home for him, where he will be happier as in a situation with a person who suits his needs better, what is the issue? Why is this evil? These threads are reguarly full about complaining about buyers / sellers, isn't it reasonable that OP doesn't want to put herself & pony through this again? How often are there posts of unsuitable rider/equine matches where neither side is happy? It is far better to reaslise when things are wrong for you, not necessarily anything wrong with pony or rider just not a good match, & try to find both a better match. Just because you don't match the horse isn't a reason to assume it should be PTS. Only the OP knows what they have been through, no-one else should assume they know better & be so beligerant towards her.

Good luck OP, hope pony finds right home & you find a pony that suits you better.