can anyone suggest a good complete horse feed please?

mightymammoth

Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for an all in one/complete chaff based feed to help me simplify my horses feeding and am struggling to find one..

I've seen healthy hooves by dengie but it contains garlic which he won't eat and I've seen happy hoof (not sure who its by) but have heard mixed reports about this.

Can anyone suggest one please?

thanks

Little Claybrooks

Visit site
I swear by Happy Hoof for my cob, she looks awesome on it! But different things for different horses. One thing I had to work out was I had to feed more of it than I anticipated, she has to watch her waste line, have to say it fills her up and stops her being grumpy.

Cat&Mouse

Visit site
I would highly recommend Chestnut Horse Feeds. All of theirs are complete feeds & we have been using them for severals years now. I have converted most of my friends & we all feed so much less & it is much easier. The chestnut lite is the chaff based one I think but give them a call they are very helpful. Their website is www.chestnuthorsefeeds.co.uk

Ella19

Visit site
I like the kook of pure feed but it would cost me £1.58 a day to feed her that compared to £0.43 feeding Honey chop oat straw and Allen and page ride and relax. Is it really that much different for the price?

Lgd

Visit site
I use Winergy Equilibrium Low or Senior for all of our. Has worked out much cheaper as you don't need to feed anywhere near the recommended amount.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I would highly recommend Chestnut Horse Feeds. All of theirs are complete feeds & we have been using them for severals years now. I have converted most of my friends & we all feed so much less & it is much easier. The chestnut lite is the chaff based one I think but give them a call they are very helpful. Their website is www.chestnuthorsefeeds.co.uk

I highly recommend Chestnut Horse Feeds too - i started using their Alpha Easy mix end of last year and Chico looks amazing - even my vet said how well he looked (especially as he has had sarcoid treatment), really pleased.

I just feed one scoop of the mix each day and his weight and condition is excellent. One bag lasts me at least a month.

Freddie19

Visit site
Rowan Barbary, have a look at their web site, and they are also on Face Book, as I have said many times on this forum,, if I could persuade them to supply Northern Ireland, I would be delighted, as it is, any time I am over in Great Britain I bring back bags with me. Picky, Elderly ponies, and alway miffed when I run out! Just look!!!